OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
hi,
I am using Vespa P-150X . I want to know what is the recommended spark plug for it. I usually use NGK BP6HS. What do you suggest is it right?

Thanks in advance.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
The 6 range is a good all around , if you are doing long extended rides, wide open, go to a 7.
@kudu avatar
UTC

1979 P125X, 1983 P125X America

@kudu avatar
1979 P125X, 1983 P125X America
UTC quote
gardenair wrote:
hi,
I am using Vespa P-150X . I want to know what is the recommended spark plug for it. I usually use NGK BP6HS. What do you suggest is it right?

Thanks in advance.
I found this guide from Scooter Center helpful, especially since Bosch and NGK values move into different directions:

Heat Value

A cold spark plug is for engines which develop a very high combustion chamber temperature, usually these are engines which have a high power output measured by their displacement.

A hot spark plug, on the other hand, is used in series production engines with low loads. This type of plug quickly reaches a high temperature and the soot on the plug burns off well.

The heat values of spark plugs are not standardized. Every manufacturer has its own code.

NGK from cold to hot = 10-9-8-7-6
Bosch from cold to hot = 2-3-4-5-6
DENSO from cold to hot = 37-34-31-27-24-22-20-16-14
OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
Thanks for the replies. Well being a Vespa user (P-150X) technically there are two types of plugs, Hot and cold plugs.
Kindly guide me regarding the spark plug from cold to hot we should read it from left to right?

(NGK from cold to hot = 10-9-8-7-6)

The number 10 is cold or 6 is cold?

If someone is using another brand like "BOSCH" or "DENSO" kindly guide me on which one is using for his scooter P-150X.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
10 is the cold end, 6 is the hot end. With NGK, the higher the number, the colder it is.
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
If you're running a road 2.0 bolt on go for a 7. It won't hurt it being cooler plug, better than over hot plug.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0138s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0065s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]