OP
UTC

Piaggio LT150

Piaggio LT150
UTC quote
Hello!

I am trying to access my fuel system to clean the carb and check the lines, manifold ect., but to do so I need to remove the plastic underseat cover. I've removed all the screws holding it in and taken the battery out, but I simply cannot for the life of me figure out how to pry the damn thing out. I've searched far and wide for solutions to this specific problem, but in every single forum or video addressing maintenance on the LT150 there is no mention of anyone struggling with this, and I'm starting to go a little mad wondering if I'm stupid or if I just need to break the plastic cover in half to remove it. Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Romeo
OP
UTC

Piaggio LT150

Piaggio LT150
UTC quote
Nevermind, I went back and brute forced it out. It was cracked near in half when I bought the scooter and now I see why - seems there's no way to get it in and out without bending it to the point of breaking. smh
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
the LT bodywork is expressly designed to infuriate anybody foolish enough to work on them.

all kidding aside, you have to take everything off to get at anything underneath for maintenance.

they're great bikes, but some components are or have been phased out. thankfully they share a lot with the ET
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0089s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0027s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]