OP
UTC

Primavera

Primavera
UTC quote
Hello all.

Upon washing the bike, I have no longer been able to open the seat/boot using the key fob. Neither does the button to release the latch near the key port works.

I can however open manually using the boot release.

The bike is an 2019 primavera sprint 125 that I use daily. However I am not familiar with the bike regarding getting a socket set out.

Any ideas what could solve this issue?

Bike battery low?

Key fob battery low? (Baring In mind the centre push button on the bike doesn't work)

Fuse?

Many thanks
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 57,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 57,000km
UTC quote
1. do all other lights / blinkers / horn / etc work (in case it's a fuse)

2. since the manual release works (I assume you mean the lever thing in the glovebox) it ain't gonna be the adjustment of the cable.

3. since neither the button nor fob work it sounds most likely the electric actuator (or it's wiring). It's under the floor on a Primavera (see pic). Might be the connector needs a clean. Also could disconnect it and then stick 12v on it's pins and see if it twitches.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
The button next to the key isn't particularly weather proof. Pull it out and give it a clean.
@jakem avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc

Addicted
@jakem avatar
UTC quote
I've got this exact same issue, and mine appeared after we had snow - so I think moisture has gone somewhere it shouldn't have!

Mine's under warranty and due for its first service soon. I'll update this after they fix it.
@jakem avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@jakem avatar
UTC quote
As an update to this:

Mine was the motor had corroded and seized solid. It seems water somehow got inside the Vespa and a puddle had formed around the seat motor (which isn't located near the seat latch, but down inside the bike).
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
UTC

Primavera

Primavera
UTC quote
Sounds like mine, do you have an image of where it was located? And if it is possible to get to without causing too much damage from removing parts? Facepalm emoticon
JakeM wrote:
As an update to this:

Mine was the motor had corroded and seized solid. It seems water somehow got inside the Vespa and a puddle had formed around the seat motor (which isn't located near the seat latch, but down inside the bike).
@jakem avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@jakem avatar
UTC quote
I had initially thought it would located near the seat latch, but the mechanic said it's in the floor, and I believe at the very front.

I know they had to remove at least the glove box and I believe the inner panel to access it.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0565s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0311s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]