OP
UTC

Hooked
Vespa LX50 2T 2005

Hooked
Vespa LX50 2T 2005
UTC quote
I have a vespa LX50 2T in silver and I am wondering what the best cleaning products to use are, I have muc off bike cleaner (pink stuff), muc off silicone shine, hybrid solutions 3 in 1 detailer and meguiars ultimate quick wax.

The latter 2 are for cars and ice heard good things about them, I was given them by a friend.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these.

Thanks
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
I haven't used any of the products you mention. The product I have used for a long time is S100. I buy a gallon of it (bit expensive) but it does as it is says. I se it in the engine bay, on the body, on my Vespa and on my car.
Spray it on wait about 2-4 minutes and then hose it off. I'll use this S100 once every few weeks or so in the summer, then I dry the vehicle and use Harly wax.
In October I will use ACF 50 under the floor and on the belt cover and the wheel rims, just give it a good coating and leave it.
Thats about all I do to keep the vehicle clean and protected.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
I'm using Products from HtwO. These are based on an extremely effective 14 billion old formula. Not cheap, but you treat yourself to nothing else... ecological, so clear that you could drink it, someone is even said to have turned into wine once.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
GermanGTSDriver wrote:
I'm using Products from HtwO. These are based on an extremely effective 14 billion old formula. Not cheap, but you treat yourself to nothing else... ecological, so clear that you could drink it, someone is even said to have turned into wine once.
I often use that applied via spontaneous precipitation. Seems to work well but make sure you never use it on a harley.
@der_blechfahrer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 Super Sport MY23 & Yamaha Neo's electric

Molto Verboso
@der_blechfahrer avatar
ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 Super Sport MY23 & Yamaha Neo's electric
UTC quote
WaaS from your friendly cloud.
OP
UTC

Hooked
Vespa LX50 2T 2005

Hooked
Vespa LX50 2T 2005
UTC quote
Thanks everyone
@vintagescooterdude avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT200 2009 Genuine Stella

Hooked
@vintagescooterdude avatar
2006 GT200 2009 Genuine Stella
UTC quote
S100 is an excellent cleaner, but Simple Green is almost the same thing for a LOT cheaper. Just make sure you rinse it all off. I use it where I need a stronger cleaner that won't damage anything. For just washing off dirt, believe it or not, I use Suave strawberry shampoo. I don't actually wax my bikes. I go over them with either a spray detailer or just plain furniture polish. Wax and polish is worthless on clearcoat paint. The clearcoat prevents them from even reaching the paint. All of my bikes are kept inside, and don't really get that dirty. Living in the AZ desert, I do have a problem with dust. And the water where I live has an extremely high concentration of calcium chloride. It's almost as bad as sea water. It can get into nooks and crannies and cause corrosion. I use a 1 gallon pump up plastic garden sprayer filled with distilled water to rinse off dust, and to rinse off as much of the faucet water as possible after washing the whole bike, which I don't do very often. Scooters are much easier to wash than motorcycles.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0088s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0017s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]