UTC

Lurker
Lx125

Lurker
Lx125
UTC quote
Hi,

I'm new to Vespas and new to the forum.

When I locked my Vespa up last, I remember the steering lock being a bit stiff. Didn't think anything of it. Saw a few hours later the headlight was still on.. with no key in the ignition. More bizarrely, I could start the scooter with no key. Overnight the battery inevitability died.

Steering lock is still not unlocking and ignition is still on (after charging the battery).

Any thoughts on this?

If anyone wants to vet me, happy to do a FaceTime with a long standing member and I'll show me, my license and my v5.

Thanks!
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Two separate problems...

Steering lock - pull the left handlebar towards you as you gently try to unlock. This usually works if it gets stiff.

Ignition on - the ignition switch is actually separate from the ignition barrel, just actuated by an 'L' shape moulding. The electrical contacts inside are pretty flimsy - and the switch is cheap and easy to replace. Not uncommon.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0073s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]