OP
@badblackbishop avatar
UTC

2020 GTS 300 HPE Touring, 2023 GTS 300 HPE 2 Super

@badblackbishop avatar
UTC quote
I was wondering if you needed the master key (brown key) to verify the anti-threft and ignition system is working correctly. My Vespa 300 GTS 300 HPE won't start form some reason and it is currently in the shop. The mechanic has checked everything else he could and told me that he needs the master key to ensure the aforementioned systems are working correctly. The problem is the third day after I bought the Vespa the brown key fell down a storm drain and could not be recovered. At the time I was told as long as I don't try and sell it or lose the remaining blue key I would be fine. And in the past no one has ever needed the master key (Although this is the first time I have ever had a problem with it).
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Does it at least turn over? If so, the immobiliser has recognised your blue key, and isn't part of the problem.

If it doesn't even turn over, what flashes (with timing!) occur when you first switch on?
OP
@badblackbishop avatar
UTC

@badblackbishop avatar
UTC quote
I was told that it does not turn over. As for what lights are flashing I will ask and get back to you. Is there any situation that would require the master key to diagnose?
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
badblackbishop wrote:
I was told that it does not turn over. As for what lights are flashing I will ask and get back to you. Is there any situation that would require the master key to diagnose?
for all diag that I can think of the master is the same as the blue/normal. either both will work or neither. the master is only important when programming a new blue/normal
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
Since you lost the Red master key, have you had your Blue key cloned? You should have been advised to do this. If your only Blue key has lost its programming or been otherwise damaged, you would now have no way to create another functioning key. This may be the reason your mechanic wants a Red key, or any functioning key, for further testing.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0092s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]