OP
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1447
Location: Black Hills South Dakota USA
 
Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1447
Location: Black Hills South Dakota USA
UTC quote
I needed to blow some dust off of these critters while the riding weather was tolerable, which, in the mid-low 50's (F) today, it was, but tomorrow the snow starts again, and is predicted to dump from one to two feet+ of the nasty stuff before it ends on Wednesday.

Then will come the tedious waiting before the crap melts and the roads dry off enough to ride something again.

April is the most aggravating month weatherwise, because around here at least, your mind is set on 'Spring', but it's when we have our heaviest, tree limb-snapping, 'heart attack' snow storms. It's nice, it's hell, it's nice, it's hell, and cycles like that for the month, finally settling down to truly decent weather long about mid May.
Trouble, on two wheels.
Trouble, on two wheels.
@californiacruising avatar
UTC

Addicted
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 894
Location: SoCal
 
Addicted
@californiacruising avatar
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 894
Location: SoCal
UTC quote
Beautiful machines.

Being a fair weather rider was happy with the amount of local rides we were able to sneak in during this exceptionally rainy season in SoCal.

Spring riding is off to a good start, looks like we are going to get a couple weeks (or more) of sunny days.
Now just waiting for the mountain biking trails to open.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
came across a mini car show yesterday, this 73 convertible bug was for sale, these things have gone way up in value, $12,500
came across a mini car show yesterday, this 73 convertible bug was for sale, these things have gone way up in value, $12,500
Going to be a good bloom this year
Going to be a good bloom this year
A few weeks ago, 20-30 minutes away from the ocean
A few weeks ago, 20-30 minutes away from the ocean
@coddy avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 GTS 300 Supersport, Triumph Tiger 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 546
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
 
Addicted
@coddy avatar
2021 GTS 300 Supersport, Triumph Tiger 800
Joined: UTC
Posts: 546
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
UTC quote
Does anybody in your street drive anything but a pick up?
OP
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1447
Location: Black Hills South Dakota USA
 
Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1447
Location: Black Hills South Dakota USA
UTC quote
Coddy wrote:
Does anybody in your street drive anything but a pick up?
Here's the long answer!

Seems not, at least in western South Dakota.

Pickup trucks and SUV's dominate the roads, with automobiles bringing up the rear, number wise.

We have a late model Subaru Crosstrek, and of course....a pickup truck, that is too large to be justified for our uses, a 2011 F-150 Ford that my mother-in-law offered to us for 'stupid cheap' money several years ago after her husband died, so there it is.

I drive it as little as I can, mostly because of it's fuel consumption, which is 15-17 mph (US).

Of course, at times it does come in handy for hauling stuff around, including motorbikes on trailers, but it's not something we would have purchased ourselves if it hadn't been offered to us very, very, reasonably.

If I lived alone, I'd probably drive a Ford Fiesta or similar.

Ours is a 2011, which my father-in-law bought new for their farm in Iowa. He paid
something like $41,000 for it back then, only put about 28,000 miles on it in the time they had it, then my mom-in-law had us buy it from her for 10G's in late 2020. It's probably currently worth $20-$25,000.

I wish I could trade it in on another Miata MX-5 roadster...sigh!
2011 Ford F-150
2011 Ford F-150
@bearcat avatar
UTC

Hooked
Primavera 150, Honda NHX110
Joined: UTC
Posts: 160
Location: Olympia, WA
 
Hooked
@bearcat avatar
Primavera 150, Honda NHX110
Joined: UTC
Posts: 160
Location: Olympia, WA
UTC quote
JBacklund wrote:
I needed to blow some dust off of these critters while the riding weather was tolerable, which, in the mid-low 50's (F) today, it was, but tomorrow the snow starts again, and is predicted to dump from one to two feet+ of the nasty stuff before it ends on Wednesday.

Then will come the tedious waiting before the crap melts and the roads dry off enough to ride something again.

April is the most aggravating month weatherwise, because around here at least, your mind is set on 'Spring', but it's when we have our heaviest, tree limb-snapping, 'heart attack' snow storms. It's nice, it's hell, it's nice, it's hell, and cycles like that for the month, finally settling down to truly decent weather long about mid May.
Nice fleet! Good on you for exercising them as the weather permits. This time of year we get teased with a spurt of ridable weather and then another reality check hits.
@bearcat avatar
UTC

Hooked
Primavera 150, Honda NHX110
Joined: UTC
Posts: 160
Location: Olympia, WA
 
Hooked
@bearcat avatar
Primavera 150, Honda NHX110
Joined: UTC
Posts: 160
Location: Olympia, WA
UTC quote
CaliforniaCruising wrote:
Beautiful machines.

Being a fair weather rider was happy with the amount of local rides we were able to sneak in during this exceptionally rainy season in SoCal.

Spring riding is off to a good start, looks like we are going to get a couple weeks (or more) of sunny days.
Now just waiting for the mountain biking trails to open.
The first three pictures warmed me up, until seeing that bottom snow pic! Thanks for sharing, nice area.
@californiacruising avatar
UTC

Addicted
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 894
Location: SoCal
 
Addicted
@californiacruising avatar
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 894
Location: SoCal
UTC quote
bearcat wrote:
Nice fleet! Good on you for exercising them as the weather permits. This time of year we get teased with a spurt of ridable weather and then another reality check hits.
Yep!

Out of solidarity I got stuck riding in an unexpected rain storm this morning picking up my daughter from the auto dealership.

Got lucky a bit later though, snuck in a cold, cloudy but dry 50 mile ride down the coast with kids, even hit San Clemente, the 2023 Cannonball starting line
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3604
Location: Minneapolis USA
 
Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3604
Location: Minneapolis USA
UTC quote
jBacklund,

Nice looking fleet of two wheelers. Your original post did not include
your location. Now, the pickup stuff is more understandable.

There is a Country Western song by Joe Diffie "There is something
Women like about a Pickup man". Try it on You Tube.

Heck, you guys are damn near Ca-Boys.

Bob Copeland
OP
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1447
Location: Black Hills South Dakota USA
 
Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1447
Location: Black Hills South Dakota USA
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
Heck, you guys are damn near Ca-Boys.

Bob Copeland
OUCH! No need for that kinda talk there, 'Bobbo'. Now I'll be all butt-hurt till about noon or so.

Oh, and here's the winter storm that hit last night that I was referring to in my pretty opening photo. It will continue to dump on us throughout the day and tonight before it moves on tomorrow morning.

The good news, is that temps will be steadily climbing from about Thursday on, and we're predicted to be around 70 degrees next week.
Winter storm
Winter storm
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3604
Location: Minneapolis USA
 
Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3604
Location: Minneapolis USA
UTC quote
jBacklund,

Your weather comes are way in Minnesota the next day.

Unrelated: I think you lucky folks have no State Income Tax
in South Dakota.

Bob Copeland
OP
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1447
Location: Black Hills South Dakota USA
 
Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1447
Location: Black Hills South Dakota USA
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
jBacklund,

Your weather comes are way in Minnesota the next day.

Unrelated: I think you lucky folks have no State Income Tax
in South Dakota.

Bob Copeland
Yes, you guys often get our weather hand-me-downs over there in Hamm's Beerland.

And affirmative on the no state income tax, nor corporate tax.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0122s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0029s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]