OP
UTC

Lurker
2010 GTS 300

Lurker
2010 GTS 300
UTC quote
Hello All,
This past weekend I did a long ride on my GTS. At about 200 miles in, I got into some red light traffic. At most lights, as I would slow to a stop, the check engine light would come on. It would go off either after a period of time stopped or after I accelerated again leaving the light. This is acting opposite of the voltage regulator going out.

I had about a half tank of gas. The oil is fresh and full. The coil, plug, and plug wire are new. The light came on regardless of whether the temp needle was at one line above half or 3/4 the way up where the fan is supposed to come on.

I have seen mentioned in the past that there is (or was) a scanner tool available that could read codes on a 2010, but I cannot find anything current. Can anyone point me to a likely cause and/or a code reader?

I really don't want to take it in to the dealer due to time and distance to get there.

Thanks
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
Obvious wrote:
I have seen mentioned in the past that there is (or was) a scanner tool available that could read codes on a 2010, but I cannot find anything current. Can anyone point me to a likely cause and/or a code reader?
\

DIY Diagnostic tool for injection Vespa's with MIU ECU
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0094s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]