@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R

Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
UTC quote
No, not a scooter, (although I've offered to sell or trade one of my Royal Enfield 650's and get her a Vespa). She can ride my GTS anytime she wants to...which is never it seems.

What she hinted at last week was for a set of wide whitewalls for her Triumph Speedmaster, and as of today, they're on the way.

Happy 60th 'Trixie'
Trixie's 'scooter'
Trixie's 'scooter'
@dougw avatar
UTC

Hooked
1974 Rally200, 2007 GTS250ie

Hooked
@dougw avatar
1974 Rally200, 2007 GTS250ie
UTC quote
Doh! Your wife is way more badass than mine. Nice bike!
@bluside avatar
UTC

Addicted
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie

Addicted
@bluside avatar
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie
UTC quote
Great present. Great bike. I had the same one, same color scheme. I wish I never sold it.

Please tell her about the triumphrat.net forum. Lots of great stuff there just like this place.

A very Happy Birthday to your wife.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC quote
Nice!
@obx_dude avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@obx_dude avatar
UTC quote
Happy 60th to Trixie. Your wife has a wonderful build. Must be all that riding.
OP
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
UTC quote
OBX Dude wrote:
Happy 60th to Trixie. Your wife has a wonderful build. Must be all that riding.
She doesn't ride as much as she'd like to, but her 'build' is from her bad habit of running a lot. She's run nine 100 mile ultra marathons, finishing four, and is giving some thought to trying one more.

My 'build', on the other hand, is a direct result of not running any further than a trip to the refrigerator from the Lazyboy.
OP
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
UTC quote
bluside wrote:
Great present. Great bike. I had the same one, same color scheme. I wish I never sold it.

Please tell her about the triumphrat.net forum. Lots of great stuff there just like this place.

A very Happy Birthday to your wife.
Thank you!

I've been on Triumphrat for many years, but she isn't on any motorcycle forums, just a few running forums as far as I know.
@mopmop avatar
UTC

Hooked
2017 GTS300 'Beauty'

Hooked
@mopmop avatar
2017 GTS300 'Beauty'
UTC quote
Nice, and happy birthday to Trixie!

So I've got 11 years left to get my wife riding bikes... I think that's 90 years too few.
@obx_dude avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@obx_dude avatar
UTC quote
JBacklund wrote:
She doesn't ride as much as she'd like to, but her 'build' is from her bad habit of running a lot. She's run nine 100 mile ultra marathons, finishing four, and is giving some thought to trying one more.

My 'build', on the other hand, is a direct result of not running any further than a trip to the refrigerator from the Lazyboy.
I have fluctuated lbs. You can do it. Get solid in 2 months. Drop 30 no problem. I'm telling you this from someone that has done it.

I dropped 30+. What I don't have is a girl like that. Rides a bike. Thick thighs. Eyes that tear into you. Like you know what she means. Slice you up and make you go get her frostie from the 711.

Rant over. 100% love.
OP
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
UTC quote
OBX Dude wrote:
I have fluctuated lbs. You can do it. Get solid in 2 months. Drop 30 no problem. I'm telling you this from someone that has done it.

I dropped 30+. What I don't have is a girl like that. Rides a bike. Thick thighs. Eyes that tear into you. Like you know what she means. Slice you up and make you go get her frostie from the 711.

Rant over. 100% love.
There was a time, maybe ten years ago, when I had, over many years, ballooned up to 295 pounds.

Over time, however, I've been able to chip away at that horrific number, and this morning I was 231, and am determined to be 220-225 by the third week of May, when I'm riding to Sioux Falls, SD. for the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride on the 21st.

I was thinking about using my GTS300 on the DGR, with a sort of 'Mod' theme, but have decided to use one of my Royal Enfield 650's.
@obx_dude avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@obx_dude avatar
UTC quote
JBacklund wrote:
There was a time, maybe ten years ago, when I had, over many years, ballooned up to 295 pounds.

Over time, however, I've been able to chip away at that horrific number, and this morning I was 231, and am determined to be 220-225 by the third week of May, when I'm riding to Sioux Falls, SD. for the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride on the 21st.

I was thinking about using my GTS300 on the DGR, with a sort of 'Mod' theme, but have decided to use one of my Royal Enfield 650's.
Thanks for the reply. I lived in Fargo for a summer. "Mod" that 650 out. Keep the fluids changed. Want to know my favorite oil?
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC quote
JBacklund wrote:
Are you going more Rocker? Either way, we demand pictures!
Image from https://riverviews.net/eventscalendar/mods-vs-rockers-2022
Image from https://riverviews.net/eventscalendar/mods-vs-rockers-2022
OP
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
Are you going more Rocker? Either way, we demand pictures!
Probably going the Rocker route...though my 'street cred' would reach epic proportions if I rode the GTS300 to the DGR ride. It's 350 miles to Sioux Falls from here, and I'd likely keep going afterward up to St. Paul and do a one day visit with my brother who lives there (250 additional miles), then another 600 to return home to western South Dakota.

I pulled off an 840 mile, two day run on the GTS last September, so I know it's very doable.
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
Whitewalls on a black&white Speedmaster - they do look classy, that's a nice gift!

Looking that bike, I wish my lower back could handle the riding position of a Speedmaster, an absolutely gorgeous vehicle.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0163s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0059s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]