OP
UTC

Lurker
2016 GTS 300

Lurker
2016 GTS 300
UTC quote
I have discovered that Piaggio have the wrong part number attached to this oart asn when you order you get a stud , half the stud is blue and is a completely
duiffernet that the threaded taper required, the part number is 8774325 but have order from a few sources and evert time I get the same Piaggio stud rather than a Threaded taper , any advice appreciated
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
If you're ordering a part by the part number, and everyone keeps sending you the same part, it's the right part. It's been ages since Piaggio started using that part number. If there was an issue, they would have figured it out by now. Use it, you'll be fine. TAPPO FILETTATO M6X25 MOT P BEVERLY 125 '10 '15 is the original description of the part. Sometimes that doesn't translate as well as it should.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Is this for your GTS? If so, I believe the part number you want is 877285, previously known as 1A003628R.

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/stud-cylinder-m8x165-mm_PI877285

https://www.scooterwest.com/cylinder-stud-vespa-gts-gtv-super-877285.html

There is no threaded taper on a GTS stud AFAIK.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Two completely different parts. The cylinder stud is 1A003628R, which replaced 877285 (A lot of sites don't update part numbers), and the other part is some sort of lock screw, and is half blue. this is the part 8774325 the OP was asking about. The B, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D and 1R part numbers are usually newer part numbers than the ones that are 6 or 7 numbers only or end in R. I suspect it has to do with where they source the part, but I don't know that for sure. I think the part numbers that end in R were originally the parts from Taiwan, but that might not be accurate either. All the CM part numbers I've seen appear to be sourced in China. I think the 1A stuff might be made in India, because we sell stuff for the VLX and the part numbers usually start with 1A on parts that are marked Made in India. The stuff that is labeled as being made in Vietnam often has a B or 1B series part number.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Gotcha, thanks Jorge. So what about this 'taper' then?
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
a comparative photo of what you're replacing and the new one you received would be handy
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0114s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0047s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]