@alexj avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Lml star deluxe 2t

Enthusiast
@alexj avatar
Lml star deluxe 2t
UTC quote
Hi everyone I'm back again with another problem on my lml 2t which I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me with......
The issue I'm having is that the CDI unit has been swapped for a Ducati one I'm led to believe and is positioned near the flywheel at back of bike, the issue with this is that when I put the side panel on the bike the wires that come out of my indicator bulb hits the unit and shears off making the indicator not work ( I'll attach pics) never realised this was the case so everytime I fix wires go out they stop working I'm just wondering can I move the CDI unit somewhere else or any suggestions on how to get round this problem without moving the CDI unit?
Again thanks in advance Alex.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@christopher_55934 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
I'll go look at mine, it's a Stella with a P200 motor, if you want a specific measurement let me know. You're CDI does appear to be mounted further outboard or closer to cowl than mine. Is you CDI mounted to fan cover? Looks like something is screwed behind it, mine is mounted to left on motor. Looks like our spark plug wire both come up at about same spot on junction box. Can you bend you're mounting bracket in A little for clearance?
OP
@alexj avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Lml star deluxe 2t

Enthusiast
@alexj avatar
Lml star deluxe 2t
UTC quote
Christopher_55934 wrote:
I'll go look at mine, it's a Stella with a P200 motor, if you want a specific measurement let me know. You're CDI does appear to be mounted further outboard or closer to cowl than mine. Is you CDI mounted to fan cover? Looks like something is screwed behind it, mine is mounted to left on motor. Looks like our spark plug wire both come up at about same spot on junction box. Can you bend you're mounting bracket in A little for clearance?
Hi the CDI is on a bracket that's attached to fan casing I've moved it down on bracket and moved the CDI inward too which has given me clearance but now I've only got 1 screw holding the bracket and the CDI took down the road and it all moved pulling all the wires out of CDI and cutting bike off grrrrrr.
I think I'm going to fab a bracket up to get more screws in the original position while still lowering it down if that makes sense unless you can think of owt pal here's some pics might help explain 👍
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
OP
@alexj avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Lml star deluxe 2t

Enthusiast
@alexj avatar
Lml star deluxe 2t
UTC quote
Christopher_55934 wrote:
Would this one work?

It might do mate cheers ill see if I can modify this one if not that could be a good back up its just the one I've got on looks like it's angled a bit more than that one also noticed that when I've moved it in again for clearance it's touching the starter motor too doesn't affect owt just does if I leave in this position..... What's bugging me is that the previous owner must not have had an indicator working cos this was like it when I bought it lol its annoying as f#@k why people just cant do a job right 😩😩.

https://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/Hardware/179504
@gickspeed avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@gickspeed avatar
OP
@alexj avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Lml star deluxe 2t

Enthusiast
@alexj avatar
Lml star deluxe 2t
OP
@alexj avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Lml star deluxe 2t

Enthusiast
@alexj avatar
Lml star deluxe 2t
UTC quote
Well what I thought was sorted has once again ripped the wires out of the indicator again!!!!!!
The bracket that I modified has given me the clearance so the only thing I can think is that when I'm going over bumps the suspension is allowing the back of the indicator hit the top of the CDI unit now also ended up damaging the wires that go in top of CDI unit grrrrrr this scooter is going in bin soon lol.......
So once again if anyone's got any ideas to get round this problem would be a massive help whether it's moving the CDI unit if it can be or get different indicators???? Bit green on what's best to do at min......

Cheers Alex.
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
You can move the cdi anywhere you want so long as the spark plug wires can reach. What if you took the bracket, and secured it via a long screw through the plastic junction box? Is there enough clearance between the cdi and the cowl?
OP
@alexj avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Lml star deluxe 2t

Enthusiast
@alexj avatar
Lml star deluxe 2t
UTC quote
MJRally wrote:
You can move the cdi anywhere you want so long as the spark plug wires can reach. What if you took the bracket, and secured it via a long screw through the plastic junction box? Is there enough clearance between the cdi and the cowl?
To be honest mate never thought of that I'll certainly have a look and see thankyou 👍
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
Option A that both Gick and Christopher mentioned is still on the table.
OP
@alexj avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Lml star deluxe 2t

Enthusiast
@alexj avatar
Lml star deluxe 2t
UTC quote
whodatschrome wrote:
Option A that both Gick and Christopher mentioned is still on the table.
Yeah I've ordered one to see if it works 👍
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0352s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0161s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]