@californiacruising avatar
UTC

Addicted
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300

Addicted
UTC quote
https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/culdesac-rendering.jpg

Been following Mr. Money Mustache for a long time, (before he was rich 😂)
A lot of good financial, do it yourself and life advice.

Though we may never see his utopian city, I'd wager many here already saving a bundle on their automotive needs and desires compared to the average Joe
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC quote
I think this is what you were trying to post.

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2023/04/07/car-free-cities/
OP
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
I think this is what you were trying to post.

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2023/04/07/car-free-cities/
Thanks! I should have checked the link.

I've always like the idea of city centers being built around people not cars, surely the last 20-50 meters to store fronts in shopping centers could be reserved for humans and cafe seating, no auto lanes or parking spots other than handicap spot seem necessary.

Not sure I'd want to live in the city an the article, it's built quite tight especially being the idea is we will have much more land with less roads and parking lots, the apartment units don't appear to have any outdoor private spaces.
Even in a luxury hotel I can hear my neighbors and the constant hum of central air.
A little sprawl is not a bad thing.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC quote
CaliforniaCruising wrote:
Not sure I'd want to live in the city and the article, it's built quite tight especially being the idea is we will have much more land with fewer roads and parking lots, the apartment units don't appear to have any outdoor private spaces.
Even in a luxury hotel I can hear my neighbors and the constant hum of central air.
A little sprawl is not a bad thing.
I live 15/20 minutes from this development and have never heard of it. It makes sense in an urban setting for those who are used to not having private outdoor areas or don't wish to care for them. I grew up in the country and wouldn't be happy with only a communal courtyard.
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
I live 15/20 minutes from this development and have never heard of it. It makes sense in an urban setting for those who are used to not having private outdoor areas or don't wish to care for them. I grew up in the country and wouldn't be happy with only a communal courtyard.
I live 5-10 minutes from this place and I never heard of it. Sounds interesting.
OP
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
In SoCal they try to sell no private outdoor space as "Soft Urban Living"
And in the really rich areas they call it a "Strada" (I think it's Italian for no backyard)
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0165s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0082s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]