UTC

Hooked
2022 VESPA GTS 300

Hooked
@rocklanddad avatar
2022 VESPA GTS 300
UTC quote
Hi Folks

I have a 2022GTS 300. I have 4000 miles on it. I got a new back tire in November so they also did an oil change - it was at a local motorcycle shop not a Vespa shop.

I just rode 30 miles into Manhattan and towards the end my check engine light came on……. I do have an appointment on Thursday to drop it off at a fairly local dealer due to this but was wondering if anyone has some ideas?

Rides beautifully

I would rather not take it in …..
@bluside avatar
UTC

Addicted
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie

Addicted
@bluside avatar
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie
UTC quote
The only time this happened to me was when I accidentally spilled fuel when filling it up. I guess it got in the Evap system causing the CEL light to come on. It went away the next day. Not saying this is your situation, but did you recently fuel it up?
OP
@rocklanddad avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 VESPA GTS 300

Hooked
@rocklanddad avatar
2022 VESPA GTS 300
UTC quote
bluside wrote:
The only time this happened to me was when I accidentally spilled fuel when filling it up. I guess it got in the Evap system causing the CEL light to come on. It went away the next day. Not saying this is your situation, but did you recently fuel it up?
No, I am almost empty need to refuel. I think I will wait a week or so to see if it goes off rather than bring to dealer.
OP
@rocklanddad avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 VESPA GTS 300

Hooked
@rocklanddad avatar
2022 VESPA GTS 300
UTC quote
After an hour break the CEL went off……..I guess it was just a fluke
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
RocklandDad wrote:
No, I am almost empty need to refuel. I think I will wait a week or so to see if it goes off rather than bring to dealer.
The fuel related cel warning usually does not happen to me right after filling up, rather after filling up and riding for a longer time. And then it goes away just like that.

I see it as a friendly reminder to be more careful when refueling the next time.
OP
@rocklanddad avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 VESPA GTS 300

Hooked
@rocklanddad avatar
2022 VESPA GTS 300
UTC quote
I was almost at empty when it happened, but todays ride was the longest one I have been on in since the fall.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0133s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0057s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]