OP
@bukwheatus avatar
UTC

Member
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bukwheatus avatar
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
UTC quote
My 2019 Liberty 150S is a tempting basis for a fire road mountain scrambler, ala EB201

I've built/modified quite a few motorcycles and mopeds over the years, but since I live in America's schlong, they've largely been geared towards flat and solid tarmac. Since I'm relocating to Appalachia, the topography will be world's apart. I could just pickup an XR250, DR or similar. Yes...I know those would do a much better job in the dirt, but I'm kinda over straddling a frame and stomping gears.

The Liberty was dirt cheap, but almost new, so I'm not going to lose anything and it should be deadpan reliable. Sans a better breathing can, I'll likely keep the engine stock, but definitely mod the frame geometry. I'm looking at some of the Aussie modified Cubs, for additional inspiration.

https://www.ellaspede.com/piaggio-scooter
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@bukwheatus avatar
UTC

Member
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bukwheatus avatar
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
UTC quote
It will have lights, blinkers, etc
@slowpoke avatar
UTC

Hooked
1952 allstate (early), 1958 allstate, 2009 S150, 2001 ET2
Joined: UTC
Posts: 226
Location: CT
 
Hooked
@slowpoke avatar
1952 allstate (early), 1958 allstate, 2009 S150, 2001 ET2
Joined: UTC
Posts: 226
Location: CT
UTC quote
That is probably the coolest thing I have seen this month. If you got the skills and perseverance go for it.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
UTC quote
Cool looking ride, but I want a decent front brake. I lived in SE Fl for the first 50 years of my life before the move to SC. I miss the beaches, but not the long summers and crazy traffic. Where are you from/moving to exactly, if you don't mind sharing?
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
UTC quote
This also shows that for all the disdain for plastic panel covered scooters, there can be a second life for them. This brings to mind cut down frames on Vespas and skelly set ups on the older Lambrettas. Australians a crafty bunch as this just shows what can be had with a little imagination and determination. I sure would not talk you out of this project. If you proceed, please put up a thread on the project.
OP
@bukwheatus avatar
UTC

Member
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bukwheatus avatar
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Tierney wrote:
Cool looking ride, but I want a decent front brake. I lived in SE Fl for the first 50 years of my life before the move to SC. I miss the beaches, but not the long summers and crazy traffic. Where are you from/moving to exactly, if you don't mind sharing?
From what I understand, you can get the Liberty with a dual disc setup, in Europe. If this proves to be weak, that's probably the direction that I'll go. We're heading for Eastern NC. Same situation, I've been in CFL for nearly 50 yrs and am sick/tired of the 24/7 humidity, not to mention the millions that have moved in over the past few years. It's beyond gross...
OP
@bukwheatus avatar
UTC

Member
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bukwheatus avatar
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Tierney wrote:
This also shows that for all the disdain for plastic panel covered scooters, there can be a second life for them. This brings to mind cut down frames on Vespas and skelly set ups on the older Lambrettas. Australians a crafty bunch as this just shows what can be had with a little imagination and determination. I sure would not talk you out of this project. If you proceed, please put up a thread on the project.
The Aussies can do just about anything, with anything. I suppose being at the end of the earth makes you kinda kooky.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
UTC quote
bukwheatus wrote:
The Aussies can do just about anything, with anything. I suppose being at the end of the earth makes you kinda kooky.
And resourceful. Check out the Indo boys on Jakarta to see the mods they do on older Vespas.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Joined: UTC
Posts: 7045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
UTC quote
bukwheatus wrote:
From what I understand, you can get the Liberty with a dual disc setup, in Europe. If this proves to be weak, that's probably the direction that I'll go. We're heading for Eastern NC. Same situation, I've been in CFL for nearly 50 yrs and am sick/tired of the 24/7 humidity, not to mention the millions that have moved in over the past few years. It's beyond gross...
I just went back a month ago for my daughters wedding. I can't believe how bad the traffic was . My brother who still lives there just said "Miami moved north and New York moved south." Pretty much sums it up.
OP
@bukwheatus avatar
UTC

Member
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
 
Member
@bukwheatus avatar
Liberty 150S Typhoon 2T (gone) ET2 (multiple, gone) Sprint 150S (gone) 60's smallframe (gone) Bravo (64mph, gone), Ciao (gone)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 12
Location: Florida
UTC quote
Tierney wrote:
I just went back a month ago for my daughters wedding. I can't believe how bad the traffic was . My brother who still lives there just said "Miami moved north and New York moved south." Pretty much sums it up.
Exactly... It's no different here in Orlando. barf!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0128s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0023s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]