@teslawrld avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech

Enthusiast
@teslawrld avatar
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech
UTC quote
So I just washed my scooter for the second time the other day and I remember shortly after it had a warning sign saying key not detected but then that went away and now when i try to start my 2023 gts I have to put the key very close to the wifi logo on the left side of the scoot in order for it to recognize my key. Before I just needed to have it in my pocket for it to be recognized. Does anyone know why this is? Did I break something with the water I used to clean the scoot? I hope not 🤞
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Did you deactivate your keyless-key?

Press the bike finder (upper button) and within 5 seconds also the seat opening on the remote control, keep BOTH buttons pressed until the color of the LED changes. Then try again if the remote control works.

"ACTIVATING THE REMOTE CONTROL
To activate or deactivate the remote control, press the Bike Finder button "A" and within 5 seconds also the seat opening button "B" until the color of the LED on the remote control changes.
When the LED on the remote control turns green, the authentication of the "Piaggio Keyless" system can be performed. If the LED turns red, authentication cannot be performed.
If the remote control is not recognized, it is recommended to repeat the activation and authentication procedure. If the lock persists, it is necessary to make a new attempt with passive recognition."
Source: user manual
OP
@teslawrld avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech

Enthusiast
@teslawrld avatar
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech
UTC quote
GermanGTSDriver wrote:

Press the bike finder (upper button) and within 5 seconds also the seat opening on the remote control, keep BOTH buttons pressed until the color of the LED changes. Then try again if the remote control works.

To activate or deactivate the remote control, press the Bike Finder button "A" and within 5 seconds also the seat opening button "B" until the color of the LED on the remote control changes.
When the LED on the remote control turns green, the authentication of the "Piaggio Keyless" system can be performed. If the LED turns red, authentication cannot be performed.
If the remote control is not recognized, it is recommended to repeat the activation and authentication procedure. If the lock persists, it is necessary to make a new attempt with passive recognition."
Ok thanks I'll try that
OP
@teslawrld avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech

Enthusiast
@teslawrld avatar
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech
UTC quote
GermanGTSDriver wrote:

It worked! I guess the water must have somehow deactivated my key lol but all good now it works!
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
TeslaWRLD wrote:
It worked! I guess the water must have somehow deactivated my key lol but all good now it works!
Great!

Why would washing have deactivated the keyless key? Did you also wash the keyless key / put it under water?

I rather think that you accidentally pressed both keys at the same time when the keyless key was in your (pants) pocket.
OP
@teslawrld avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech

Enthusiast
@teslawrld avatar
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech
UTC quote
GermanGTSDriver wrote:
Great!

Why would washing have deactivated the keyless key? Did you also wash the keyless key / put it under water?

I rather think that you accidentally pressed both keys at the same time when the keyless key was in your (pants) pocket.
I don't know but I do have them in my back pocket a lot so that could have been it! The weird thing tho was my Vespa said key not detected in red right after I had got done washing it when I was driving away when the key fob was still in my back pocket!
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
TeslaWRLD wrote:
I don't know but I do have them in my back pocket a lot so that could have been it! The weird thing tho was my Vespa said key not detected in red right after I had got done washing it when I was driving away when the key fob was still in my back pocket!
Maybe you bent over to wash or sat down for a moment, keys in your back pocket and 5 seconds later it happened.

Deactivated key is by the way identical to empty battery of the remote control... Keyless-Key must then be held close to the left side.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0074s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]