OP
@mcruss avatar
UTC

Hooked
'20 GTS300 Touring, '10 GTS300 Super (sold)

Hooked
@mcruss avatar
UTC quote
Ha! Got your attention didn't I?

No not ANOTHER tire pressure thread but what to me is a new tire pump (I'm a sucker for the latest small tire pump and these fit in the pet carrier with LOTS of room left.)

I don't recall where I heard about these but there are several brands, at least two that come from the same company under different names, available on Amazon (and elsewhere I'm sure) for around $35 and up.

They are simply called "Cordless Tire Inflator". But they are much more than that: phone charger, flashlight, backup power supply (USB port) and tire pump. They have a cool readout where the type of inflation is selected (various vehicles including cars, motorcycles, bicycles and basketballs). Each type has its own default pressure that can be adjusted to suit. It also possible to select BAR, PSI, KPA, Kg/cm, and with the desired pressure selected, it will shut off when that is reached. BAR is the default but it is easy to change to PSI. They come with a USB charging cable and a bicycle tire adapter (for Presta valves - I think that is what the little ones are called.)

I have no interest in this product other than a satisfied user willing to pass along my thoughts on it.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
this is the tiny pump I have as my emergency in the pet carrier (have typical tire inflator at home). it takes a while to pump the tire but get's the job done and since I carry a good few tools and spares I try to minimise

https://modernvespa.com/forum/post2605200#2605200
UTC

Sei Giorni (2022)

Sei Giorni (2022)
UTC quote
I carried a Stop-N-Go during my motorcycle years, and it saved my bacon a few times. Very compact, inexpensive, and includes a few CO2 cartridges. Enough gas volume to inflate a bike tire, so certainly enough for a scooter.
Since I don't really go anywhere on my scooter, I don't need it any more.
Related, I have always put sealant in my tires, which has never presented any problems, but keeps nail holes and the like at bay until you can repair the tire.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Pebowles wrote:
I carried a Stop-N-Go during my motorcycle years, and it saved my bacon a few times. Very compact, inexpensive, and includes a few CO2 cartridges. Enough gas volume to inflate a bike tire, so certainly enough for a scooter.
Since I don't really go anywhere on my scooter, I don't need it any more.
Related, I have always put sealant in my tires, which has never presented any problems, but keeps nail holes and the like at bay until you can repair the tire.
I carry a Schrader valve to CO2 cartridge adaptor in with my flat kit, along with a few cartridges and sticky ropes. Picked it up at a bicycle shop, but thankfully haven't needed to test it yet. Takes up basically no space.
OP
@mcruss avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@mcruss avatar
UTC quote
mayorofnow wrote:
I carry a Schrader valve to CO2 cartridge adaptor in with my flat kit, along with a few cartridges and sticky ropes. Picked it up at a bicycle shop, but thankfully haven't needed to test it yet. Takes up basically no space.
Prior to this pump, I also carried the CO2 and adaptor 'kit'. Used it on a couple occasions on other bikes, no flat issues 'yet' on the Vespas. I like this pump for the extra stuff along with the pump. And it doesn't take up much more room than the CO2 kit. Rather than sticky ropes, which don't work all that well in my opinion, I have a tool that inserts a live rubber plug. Works quite well. Also have used RideOn with good results.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0102s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0024s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]