OP
UTC

Banned
2006 LX150

Banned
2006 LX150
UTC quote
I have been replacing my dull incandescent with LEDs. Nothing surprising there except on one side only, the right, I have that rapid flashing which I would have expected without resistors but the left side is blinking normally. Can anyone explain why there is a difference? Peecyooleeahr.
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
UTC quote
One LED turn signal blinking faster than the other LED turn signal could be due to a difference in resistance between the two circuits. LED turn signals require a certain amount of electrical resistance to operate correctly. If the resistance is too low, the LED will blink faster.
If one LED turn signal has a lower resistance than the other, it will blink faster. It is possible that the wiring or connections for one of the turn signals is faulty, or if there is a difference in the type or quality of the LED bulb used.
Another possible reason for one LED turn signal blinking faster than the other could be a problem with the turn signal relay unit itself.
You can eliminate the LED is bad by switching the two and see if the fast blinking switches sides. Then you will know that it is a bad LED, if not then test the turn signal relay to see if that has gone bad.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
baba12 wrote:
One LED turn signal blinking faster than the other LED turn signal could be due to a difference in resistance between the two circuits. LED turn signals require a certain amount of electrical resistance to operate correctly. If the resistance is too low high, the LED will blink faster.
If one LED turn signal has a lower higher resistance than the other, it will blink faster. It is possible that the wiring or connections for one of the turn signals is faulty, or if there is a difference in the type or quality of the LED bulb used.
Another possible reason for one LED turn signal blinking faster than the other could be a problem with the turn signal relay unit itself.
You can eliminate the LED is bad by switching the two and see if the fast blinking switches sides. Then you will know that it is a bad LED, if not then test the turn signal relay to see if that has gone bad.
FTFY... The resistors used with LEDs are connected in parallel, to reduce the resistance as LEDs have a much higher resistance than incandescent bulbs.

It's the same effect as if a bulb blows, the resistance of the circuit doubles and the flasher goes faster to warn you.
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
UTC quote
I reversed my words, thank you for correcting me.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0097s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0017s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]