@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
In Palm Springs, California! Today it will be around 96 degrees but there's no reason not to get out and enjoy the ride! I went up to Tahquitz Creek the other day, it's not very hard to do, about 1.8 miles or so and then you wind up at a pretty waterfall, the path mostly follow the water on the way up. Lots of Mountain Sheep out. Water is very cold coming off the mountain but it's a neat treat to have in our own back yard here in the desert. Rode up there on the White Super Sport. Today's adventures will be on the orange one.

Our Desert Vespa Club is scheduled to have its first ride on Sunday! Looking very forward to that!

Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Have fun on your club ride, and keep the fantastic pics coming!

Let us know if you're ever visiting Phoenix, and we'll schedule a club meetup for you.
OP
@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
Have fun on your club ride, and keep the fantastic pics coming!

Let us know if you're ever visiting Phoenix, and we'll schedule a club meetup for you.
Thank you so much!! Have a super weekend Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon
@vintagescooterdude avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT200 2009 Genuine Stella

Hooked
UTC quote
It's warming up alright, but where I live that's not a good thing. It may hit 100 degrees F by the end of the month. it's already hit 96 degrees. By the end of May it will be an average of 112 degrees, and sporadically up to 120 degrees for the next several months. Way too hot to ride in, at least for me. The only time for riding will be between midnight and about 6:00 am. Fortunately it looks like I will be able to hit the 14,000 mile mark on 2 wheels since last October before it becomes too hot. That's on five different bikes.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
What is the relative humidity like there?
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Humidity is very low, until the monsoon season hits around the middle of July, when it will hit around 40%. That will last through the rest of summer. Things will begin to cool down a little around the first of October.
@shebalba avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125

Molto Verboso
@shebalba avatar
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125
UTC quote
When one resides in Palm Springs, what is the locals baseline temperature to consider it 'warming up?' Isn't it rare to have a day not hit at least 60?

I had a puffer jacket on the other day and it was 57 here in Oceanside, CA. Growing up in Boston, I would have had shorts and a tee shirt on if it was 57.

Great photos BTW.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
I spent my first 50 years of my life in south Florida. 40% humidity might happen during the winter when a cold front would go thru and drop the daytime temps into 60 - 70 Degrees. The rest of the year it's pretty common to wake up to 83 degrees and 90% humidity. By noon, the sun may burn some of the humidity off bring it down to 70 to 80%. But then of course it rains, steam comes off the streets and it back up to 80 - 90%. The upside was living near the east coast, the temps usually stayed below 96 degrees and there was usually some kind of breeze too. I did spend a month in Phoenix back in the 80s and it was 113 degrees that day. It felt great - kinda the equivalent to about 85 back in FL. I really enjoyed the area, such a beautiful state and was going to move, but I loved the ocean too much.
OP
@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
I haven't had to wear a jacket in a month! I usually jet out around 730, run my errands, do my walk, have coffee in town etc then come back before 1030 or so. I ride when it is hot (like around 100) but prefer to ride in the morning and late evening.
Shebalba wrote:
When one resides in Palm Springs, what is the locals baseline temperature to consider it 'warming up?' Isn't it rare to have a day not hit at least 60?

I had a puffer jacket on the other day and it was 57 here in Oceanside, CA. Growing up in Boston, I would have had shorts and a tee shirt on if it was 57.

Great photos BTW.
@kgborle avatar
UTC

Vespa GLS300

@kgborle avatar
Vespa GLS300
UTC quote
Well you guys are not being very helpful. It's snowing here in Minnesota. 🙁 But I will get my fun too.
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3

Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3
UTC quote
I haven't uncovered any of my scooters yet. I'm still snow skiing. We close at Deer Valley this weekend and my attention will turn to scootering.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0108s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]