OP
UTC

Lurker
2007 Piaggio MP3 250

Lurker
2007 Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
Hello all! I'm trying to figure out a ticking/clicking sound coming from the rear of the scooter. The click was first noticed after the rear tire had gone flat and was replaced (picked up a nail or something on the road). I did find some forum posts to try some troubleshooting, but the click persists. So far I have tried:

-Bearing located on swing arm replaced
-Drive belt and rollers/shoes replaced
-Rear Hub oil replaced
-Brake rotor/pads inspected for high spots, none present
-Tire is brand new, nothing embedded, and nothing rubbing
-Engine oil and filter replaced (probably not relevant, but it was part of recent maintenance around the time the click was first noticed)

A video of the sound can be found here:

https://youtube.com/shorts/fX0P1YrilU4

It doesn't always happen when it is on the center stand, but usually only after it's been in motion for some time. When in motion, the ticking also matches the scooter speed (faster speed, faster clicks; slower speed, slower clicks). It also only occurs with the wheel on, spinning the rear axel by hand does not produce the sound, nor does spinning the belt by "hand". Even when I inspected the clutch assembly during the belt replacement and tested the bearings there, no noise.

It is beginning to drive me insane trying to figure out what the problem is (or even if it is a problem, and it's just a noise that will go away on its own as new parts are broken in). Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
@maksor avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie

Ossessionato
@maksor avatar
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
UTC quote
its just the shaft gripping the sprocket that turns the clutchshaft
OP
UTC

Lurker
2007 Piaggio MP3 250

Lurker
2007 Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
So in other words, a completely benign sound that isn't actually a problem, and I've been going insane over nothing? Facepalm emoticon ROFL emoticon
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
fruhead wrote:
So in other words, a completely benign sound that isn't actually a problem, and I've been going insane over nothing? Facepalm emoticon ROFL emoticon
Welcome to the asylum.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0394s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0149s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]