@clampett avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022&2023 Primavera 150

Hooked
@clampett avatar
2022&2023 Primavera 150
UTC quote
As I have a new Liberty 150, I ride it & my GTS full time. Wife has car she takes to work. These two beauties are my transportation.
I travel to states next door and enjoy taking alternate routes each time.
I would like to add an USB port somewhere around the dash area for phone or my Garmin. Is there a wire or wires that would be preferred to splice into for connecting the USB port?
Asking because it is easier(at least for me) to look for something going in than hunting after opening up the handlebar covers or leg shield.
I know I can get the SAE plug to the battery with an USB adapter, but I would prefer adding my own little adapter(like the GTS) with a couple Posi-Taps.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
I am not a fan of wire-tap connectors because they are an irreversible intrusion into the vehicle's electrical system.

For the Liberty there is an original retrofit kit for the USB socket in the glove compartment (SKU: 1d001558):

https://www.easyparts-rollerteile.de/USB-Smartphone-Recharge-Kit-Piaggio-Liberty-IGET-2015-p27950716
(See Fitting Instructions)
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
OP
@clampett avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022&2023 Primavera 150

Hooked
@clampett avatar
2022&2023 Primavera 150
UTC quote
Thank you guys. I had already seen the kit. But $88 for a USB when I could get one for $12 was just a bit much. So I purchased the cheap one, opened the leg shield enough to mount it just the opposite of the key. Plenty of room.
Started poking around with the tester to find a wire that was hot keyed only. I'd watched Robot previously talk about Piaggio not using wire colors that made sense like red for hot and black for ground. So tapped into a wire(I forgot the color) and grounded the other lead to the frame. Plugged in the phone and GPS (it's a dual USB 3.0) and no fuses blew. Checked all lights and dash. Everything good. Put it back together and had 2 screws left over so I know I did a good job!!!!! ROFL emoticon
USB mounted on Liberty 150
USB mounted on Liberty 150
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker
liberty 150

Lurker
liberty 150
UTC quote
can i ask how did you get that panel off to get in there to hook usb up???
OP
@clampett avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022&2023 Primavera 150

Hooked
@clampett avatar
2022&2023 Primavera 150
UTC quote
piacowboy wrote:
can i ask how did you get that panel off to get in there to hook usb up???
This is a video by Robot for changing out the turn signal pods, but this is what I went by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3kTCOx3n60?t=1034
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0143s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0074s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]