UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
UTC quote
Jack221 wrote:
140 MJ is still in the safe zone for the needle but seems really small. What main jet was wot spluttering at?
145 I think. I got an hour spare this afternoon and tried the 145 again. While it didn't sputter as clearly as previously, it didn't like it in the higher revs. So went back to 140. Might try a 138 just to see.
I did try the X25 needle on the second clip and it ran quite similar to the X2 on 3rd. Anything I can do to richen and still run well is good, right?
UTC

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX125 and some motorbikes
UTC quote
Ginch wrote:
145 I think. I got an hour spare this afternoon and tried the 145 again. While it didn't sputter as clearly as previously, it didn't like it in the higher revs. So went back to 140. Might try a 138 just to see.
I did try the X25 needle on the second clip and it ran quite similar to the X2 on 3rd. Anything I can do to richen and still run well is good, right?
General rule of 2 stroke jetting. If its richer and not slower, it's better

140 is ok on your AV262 and X2. 145 is getting tight. It is easy to get sucked in to going lean. Lean feels so good.

If ever buying more atomisers only buy AS 2 stroke type. The AV ones are for race use. And run much richer low down, which you want on a race bike but not on a road bike, as the spluttering at traffic speed is so annoying.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0165s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0093s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]