OP
@jsbd1 avatar
UTC

Primavera 125, Vespa S, ET4x2, Vespa Sprint

@jsbd1 avatar
Primavera 125, Vespa S, ET4x2, Vespa Sprint
UTC quote
Hi guys,

Just picked up another et4 for a project and want to put a rear black luggage rack on. There was one on flea bay but it sold just before I bought the bike 😂 the bike has one that is surface rusty.

Has anyone in the UK had one cleaned up and powder coated?

Would you know the rough cost of getting it done. Got to decide whether to be patient and wait for one to come up or get it done.

The bike is relatively tidy and yellow. Going to do a ferrari themed finish.
@jakem avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc

Addicted
@jakem avatar
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc
UTC quote
Ferrari theme sounds cool!

In terms of powder coating, I think you cannot powder coat directly over chrome - it has to go through another step first and so the cost goes up.

Have you looked on SIP to see if you can buy a rack that's already powder coated? Might work out cheaper that way.

Alternatively, try scrunching up a ball of aluminium cooking foil and use that to scrub the chrome with a bit of water. It will take off the majority of the surface rust and usually brings the chrome back to a good condition. Then spray a bit of WD40 on a sponge and wipe it over the rack at the end to give it a bit of protection. There are better products to protect the chrome, but most people tend to have WD40 somewhere in the house and it'll do for a few weeks.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0087s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]