OP
UTC

Piaggio bv 500 2009

Piaggio bv 500 2009
UTC quote
I need help please guys !!! I recently purchased a bv 500 2009 with original miles 1984 been inspected in 2022 bike was running fine it it's in excellent mint show room condition !! And I rode it for a few miles all worked and sounded new !!! Changed oil I put battery new and spark plug and filters , fuel injector … it rained then at first bike started and died and then started and dies as soon as I push throttle it dies and then it smelt like some burning I checked all fuses A and B and they are fine all tho water got into there cause there's no cover it's missing ! So the fuel injector doesn't spray even if it's new I tested it it's working . And then the master key it's not recognized now the light blinks twice and stays on on the 3th time at this point I'm really lost maybe the hidden fuse I looked up online and there's a hidden fuse !? Idk anyone can help please !!? Thank you guys
UTC

Addicted
PK50XL, PK100S, ET3, Matchless G80S, Honda CBR400RR, Ducati ST4S

Addicted
PK50XL, PK100S, ET3, Matchless G80S, Honda CBR400RR, Ducati ST4S
UTC quote
Hi and welcome to the forum.

If there was a missing fuse cover, the bike isnt mint.

Did you get it from a bike shop or was it an private purchase. If it was a bike shop then can you take it back because to me, the fact youve potentially got water in the electrics leading to electrical issues suggests that the missing cover has made the scooter unfit for purpose.

Other than that, at a guess you need to dry the electrics out.
OP
UTC

Piaggio bv 500 2009

Piaggio bv 500 2009
UTC quote
Good morning and thank you for replying ! Private seller no dealer I just gotta find the problem now
OP
UTC

Piaggio bv 500 2009

Piaggio bv 500 2009
UTC quote
Here's un update could it be this part it's burned !!! Blown ! It's my only guess
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Am I reading this wrong, or did you put a new fuel injector in the bike, even though you describe it as running fine when you bought it recently?

Something got shorted out. I suspect the positive terminal of the battery was arcing against the frame or some other positive wire came into contact with the frame or engine. .

Depending on how much of the wiring harness looks like the relay holder you showed, you might have a large paperweight on your hands. A new wiring harness will set you back about 400-500, if they are still available, and plan on about a day and a half to install it at whatever the current shop rate is where you live.

And despite what was said above, no dealership is going to take a bike back after the owner sets it on fire.
OP
UTC

Piaggio bv 500 2009

Piaggio bv 500 2009
UTC quote
Thanks for replying! I found actually a lot of the whole wiring system for the bike for really cheap like 40 bucks maybe that should do it !? Idk how much shops charges for diagnostic in New York
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0094s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0022s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]