@themayor avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS 300 (2021)

Enthusiast
@themayor avatar
GTS 300 (2021)
UTC quote
I have my own 2021 GTS. Looking for a 150 for my wife. Found a 2008 LX that I'm going to see. Anything notable good or bad about that year and model? Thx
@jimjar avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 LX150ie

Hooked
@jimjar avatar
2012 LX150ie
UTC quote
The 2008 lx is a solid bike, assuming it is in good shape. Don't overpay, though….the 2010 model (I think) broke in fuel injection which I consider a big maintenance and reliability improvement.
@slowpoke avatar
UTC

Hooked
1952 allstate (early), 1958 allstate, 2009 S150, 2001 ET2

Hooked
@slowpoke avatar
UTC quote
2008 is a carb model and some had a fuel pump that is not needed. When looking at the scooter the things likely to need to change will be tires, oil and filter, air filter, drive belt, rollers, gear oil, brake fluid.
There is no real rust issue with these scooters if you are to check for it, look on the underside by the swingarm. With the keys make sure the immobilizer works, check the oil and make sure it doesn't look crazy bad. Also check around the battery box to make sure there was never a battery acid spill from someone using cheap batteries.
They are great bikes.
@cosmos avatar
UTC

Addicted
2009 LX 150, 2024 GTS Super

Addicted
@cosmos avatar
UTC quote
My 2009 LX150 is a carbed model with the fuel pump. It's been very reliable and simple to service at home. Currently I'm just over 60,000 miles and it still runs like new.
UTC

Banned
2006 LX150

Banned
2006 LX150
UTC quote
Interesting comment Cosmos. Doing your own maintenance, obviously doing fluid changes on a schedule, do you wait for failures of clutches, belts and rollers or are you proactive?
I know that it's a nuisance to remove the cover but how often do you do that? At each oil change?
Have you got an idea how long these components last and do you use Vespa or aftermarket parts?
So many scoots are bought and shortly after, parked, never amassing the mileage you have. Mine is an '06 LX150 with about 6000 km (I think that's 4000 miles?) and when I pulled the cover, it looked nearly new in there. But then I have no maintenance history although its not been used enough to wear out…
I kinda sorta wanted to hear you expand on your experiences?
@slowpoke avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@slowpoke avatar
UTC quote
Xsbank wrote:
Interesting comment Cosmos. Doing your own maintenance, obviously doing fluid changes on a schedule, do you wait for failures of clutches, belts and rollers or are you proactive?
I know that it's a nuisance to remove the cover but how often do you do that? At each oil change?
Have you got an idea how long these components last and do you use Vespa or aftermarket parts?
So many scoots are bought and shortly after, parked, never amassing the mileage you have. Mine is an '06 LX150 with about 6000 km (I think that's 4000 miles?) and when I pulled the cover, it looked nearly new in there. But then I have no maintenance history although its not been used enough to wear out…
I kinda sorta wanted to hear you expand on your experiences?
I have 40k miles, all original insides except the belt and rollers. Clutch and brakes have held up without needing a replacement. I don't do much city driving.
@cosmos avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@cosmos avatar
UTC quote
I have followed the maintenance service schedule prescribed in my owners manual since buying it new always using Vespa replacement parts. I have had to replace my stator, carburetor diaphragm, and variator as they wore out. I think I've been through 12 rear tires so far. This LX150 has been more reliable than Hondas I have owned in the past.
UTC

Banned
2006 LX150

Banned
2006 LX150
UTC quote
Thank you Cosmos, that's what I wanted to hear. It's tempting to buy the aftermarket stuff, the fancy bits and I don't begrudge anybody who does that, enthusiasms are personal and not to be judged. But given the amount of replaced parts in the life of a scoot, I'm very glad that the factory maintenance thing and factory parts are sufficient. Thanks for your reply.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0124s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0040s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]