@teslawrld avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech

Enthusiast
@teslawrld avatar
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech
UTC quote
I recently bought their taillight and trying to install is difficult the wiring doesn't match up I'll upload more photos of it so you can see. Does anyone know a guide or walkthrough on how to do this?
Custom sprint/primavera led taillight from sip
Custom sprint/primavera led taillight from sip
The wiring on the light and I will post the wiring of my Vespa sprint next in the next few min
The wiring on the light and I will post the wiring of my Vespa sprint next in the next few min
OP
@teslawrld avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech

Enthusiast
@teslawrld avatar
2023 Vespa GTS SuperTech
UTC quote
These are my only connections
UTC

Enthusiast
Gts hpe supertech

Enthusiast
Gts hpe supertech
UTC quote
You're going to have to splice your black and white wire to the black and red wire on the new tail light. Otherwise I think Scooterwest has an adapter plug so you wouldn't have to splice. The other extra wires are for running running/brake lights to the euro turn signals
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
you have the option of just removing the bulb from the holder, tape that holder and use some no splice wire connectors like t-tap wire connector or positap
Unless you can solder well and use heat shrink tubing just cutting and joining the wires and taping it isn't going to hold up in the long run.
I am guessing the SIP wires correspond to the white/black and black wires.
UTC

UTC quote
Hello TeslaWRLD,

it's Martin from SIP. I read your post and checked the issue with the taillight as we advertise it plug&play in our webshop. Seems the NAFTA models have a different wiring which we didn't know about. As you're already in touch with my colleague through social media, I hope they'll find a solution for you.

Cheers,

Martin
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0081s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0019s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]