OP
UTC

Lurker
GTS 125 super

Lurker
GTS 125 super
UTC quote
Hi, I'm considering purchasing a Vespa GS. My original choice was RA but I changed my mind. Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of when purchasing second hand?
Thanks.

P.S. My current daily rider is a Honda Supercub 125 and I wouldn't ever part with it.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
Well, you've said nothing about specific model, age, or condition. In the case of Vespas, I would be leery of older bikes with uncertain maintainance history and I would avoid Vespas with any significant damage to the metal body. When you find a scooter that you think is in good condition and well maintained, consider having it examined by a knowledgeable and experienced rider or a skilled mechanic.
@personality avatar
UTC

2009 GTS 250ie

@personality avatar
2009 GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Do you need to go over 60mph? I recently went from a 170cc scooter to a 250cc thinking I wanted something highway capable, but now I'm not so sure. The 170 is way more fun to ride around town and was much cheaper to buy.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0082s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]