OP
@jsbd1 avatar
UTC

Primavera 125, Vespa S, ET4x2, Vespa Sprint

@jsbd1 avatar
UTC quote
Help!! I have taken my headlamp and speedo assembly apart in my 2001 ET4 to replace a damaged front speedo case and when i have reassembled it when I turn the ignition on it blows one of the 15 amp fuses located by the battery. I had to take apart some of the electrical connections to free the speedo unit.

Has anyone got any tips on what I might have done wrong or how I would diagnose what's wrong clearly one of the connections might be damaged or something but I was quite carefully taking it apart

Any help is greatly appreciated!
@slowpoke avatar
UTC

Hooked
1952 allstate (early), 1958 allstate, 2009 S150, 2001 ET2

Hooked
@slowpoke avatar
UTC quote
Most likely a pinched wire, either to ground or to another wire making it pull more amps due a short to ground.
If you happen to have a multimeter take your speedometer equipment back off and remove the clips from the switches. Take the multimeter and put one of the test leads on each pin of each connector while having the other test lead on the ground of the frame. See what your owns read out is and that will check if your wire has a short in it. Other than that you can visually inspect the wires for damage.
By the fact it worked prior to going into the headset would suggest it must be a damaged wire causing this issue.
OP
@jsbd1 avatar
UTC

@jsbd1 avatar
UTC quote
Thanks, managed to locate a snagged wire from one of the screws, all working once more !!!
@slowpoke avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@slowpoke avatar
UTC quote
jsbd1 wrote:
Thanks, managed to locate a snagged wire from one of the screws, all working once more !!!
Glad to hear. Electrical issues are no fun. As an electrician I understand the frustration
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0086s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]