OP
UTC

Lurker
Sprint 50 4T 3V iGet

Lurker
Sprint 50 4T 3V iGet
UTC quote
Hi there,

I got myself a Vespa Sprint 50 4T 3V iGet with a damaged engine. To avoid time consuming work, I replaced the engine with a used replacement engine. After having installed the engine, I started it. It runs, but there are a few irregularities that I am still trying to fix:

1) When the engine is cold, it goes off when I am not giving gas. After about one minute of driving everything is as it should be; it stays on even when not giving gas. When I was replacing the engine, I realized that the plastic "inlet" of the injector is broken. Therefore I swapped it with the one from the old engine. Do you think that this causes the mentioned problem?

2) When I am driving up the hill, the acceleration massively falls and I am not able to get more than 30-35 km/h . On the internet I read that the Euro4 engines have such issues. But is it really that worse?

3) When I am giving full gas, it seems that I am slightly loosing power. Apparently the ideal position on the handle for giving gas is shortly before the full gas position. Is there a chance to set this up?

I hope you can help me with my questions. Thanks in advance.
@jakem avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc

Addicted
@jakem avatar
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc
UTC quote
What year is it?

Is it limited to 45km/h max speed?

It is normal to lose a lot of speed on a hill, but this does depend on the size of the hill.

I've had a Vespa Elettrica 45km/h and now a 125cc Sprint. The lowest my Elettrica ever dropped to up a very big hill was 25km/h, and that had a max power of 4kw (5 or 6hp?). The 50cc petrol is even less power, so I expect this speed is normal.

My recommendation would be to derestrict it if your licence allows, so you can reach maybe 70km/h on flat ground.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Sprint 50 4T 3V iGet

Lurker
Sprint 50 4T 3V iGet
UTC quote
JakeM wrote:
What year is it?

Is it limited to 45km/h max speed?

It is from 2018. I replaced the original ECU with the Malossi Injtronic ECU, so it is not limited to 45km/h anymore. By the way, I installed the Malossi ECU, as I was hoping to solve the described problem with the cold engine start. But it didn't change anything.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0090s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]