@the_hornets_lisc avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa Primavera 150 "Redemption"

Hooked
@the_hornets_lisc avatar
UTC quote
Yes it's me, Angelo aka Marbles Mahoney.
I dont post much anymore. Never mind why. I'm on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/marblesmahoneys

Those of us that are getting up their in age and have health issues (I am 61 now) may find this info important, so that is only what this post is about.

I also received lots of love from many Scooterists both locally and abroad and I wanted to make a public statement of my gratitude to everyone.

I just had a Double Bypass 7 weeks ago. The only Blood Thinner I am on is a once a day Baby Aspirin. I've previously had a Heart Attack about 20 years ago and had a Stent put in back then. That's when I got the plate you see below. I had it updated this year.

My Ribcage was split open and wired back together with Stainless Steel wires. They cut open my leg and took out 2 veins and put them in my heart. Bruised ribs and all kinds of aches and pains persist. It is all normal, but it took a lot out of me.

I started riding a month after surgery with the knowledge & approval of my Doctors. At first the wind felt funny against my chest. I began leading weekly rides with my club last week. This week we are going to Fire Island to try and meet up with the NYC Vespa Club. I'm no daredevil, I just like to ride.

They only told me to avoid driving a car because of the air bag. If it went off and hit me, I would pop open like a grape. I'm a scooter nut, not a health nut, but I am living a somewhat healthier life as a result. I am taking all the Meds and as a rabid Type 2 Diabetic, I am back on Insulin.

I am also a Drummer, and I started playing this week as well. None of this is bragging, BTW. I just want to say thank you and inform whoever needs to know that determination is just as good as any medicine and just as important. Do not let the circumstances of whatever health issue is holding you back, hold you back. An object in motion stays in motion. Stay in motion and, Scoot On... Marbles Mahoney
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
Oh my stars-n-garters, Marbles, you've been through more than I could possibly imagine, but I can feel your good vibe from over here in Rehab. I think this is the only attitude to have, because the alternative is just too damned dark. Im slowly working my own way back to normal (or what I take as normal, anyway), and the sense that I know I'll get here helps keep me both patient and positive. I'm betting that sometime next year we'll be meeting up and swapping a few stories. Keep the good rolling going, sir.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
May you ride long and hard for years to come! Scooter emoticon
@tinddu avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2022 gts 300 touring

Enthusiast
@tinddu avatar
2022 gts 300 touring
UTC quote
My dad was a jazz drummer he passed away at 92 ,I will suggest to ride your scooter and play the drum as long you fell comfortable .take care yourself day by day.
OP
@the_hornets_lisc avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@the_hornets_lisc avatar
UTC quote
Thank you all. Scoot On... Mm
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0105s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0023s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]