OP
UTC

UTC quote
Hello, I have a 2017 Vespa VXL made in India, and I would like to increase the wheel size to 12 inches. Currently, I have 11-inch wheels in the front and 10-inch wheels in the back. I live in Mexico, and I would like to know if anyone sells the parts to upgrade the wheel size. It seems that this part is popular in Asia but nonexistent in America. I would like to contact someone who can sell it to me.

One of the main reasons for making the change is that 10-inch tires are difficult to find in Mexico and Michelin no longer sells them.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Welcome to MV, Ghonta! Someone should be along shortly to answer your question. In the meantime, post pics of your VXL, we'd love to see it.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Looks like it's a real Vespa.

Piaggio's history in India is complicated. That market also has a bunch of alternate timeline models, where someone took a vintage Vespa frame and put e.g. an LED dash on it. Thus, when I see an Indian model I don't recognize, I wonder if it's a Piaggio or one of these bizarre retro descendants.

I don't know anything about swapping the wheels on a VXL. I'm guessing the rear drum brake makes it more complex than just bolting on the wheels of e.g. a GTS. Might be an option in the front though.

Do you know what sort of parts are used in India to do a similar swap? You might know more about the VXL than many of the people here (who tend to ride Italian-built models).
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Looks like the Mexican Sprint has 12" wheels with a disc in the front and (presumably) drum in the back. Have you taken it by any local Vespa shops to investigate what the differences are between the Sprint's wheels/brakes and your own?
OP
UTC

UTC quote
thats the necesary for the upgrade:

https://www.tokopedia.com/scooteartjkt/gearbox-sprint-set-upsize-vespa-s-lx-lxv-ring-12-original-piaggio?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=pdp-seo

im intrested only in rear, i try putting 12" in front and works without problems

i see this upgrade in Indonesia are popular, just i need a vendor to sell to mexico
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Vespa Motorsport in San Diego (ScooterWest online) will ship internationally and has an enormous warehouse filled with LOTS of parts, including a variety of tire sizes. I don't know if they have exactly what you're after but they will respond to a phone call or email.

Welcome to Modern Vespa, Ghonta. I hope you post photos of your modification in process and once complete.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
Ghonta wrote:
thats the necesary for the upgrade:

https://www.tokopedia.com/scooteartjkt/gearbox-sprint-set-upsize-vespa-s-lx-lxv-ring-12-original-piaggio?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=pdp-seo

im intrested only in rear, i try putting 12" in front and works without problems

i see this upgrade in Indonesia are popular, just i need a vendor to sell to mexico
try contacting scooterpartsco they ship internationally and if they don't have it they can tell you where to get it. https://scooterpartsco.com

also SIP ships internationally, I'm not sure of the rates, but they have everything under the sun. https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en

good luck!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0135s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0063s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]