OP
UTC

Lurker
2022 Liberty150s

Lurker
2022 Liberty150s
UTC quote
My 2022 Liberty 150s died while riding on a warm day this week (5/12/23 and 85 degrees). Dealer thinks it might be a fuel pump issue. Only 389 miles on it. It has been idling rough but wasn't sure if that was normal or not. Also the gas mileage is terrible. I've filled the tank 6 or 7 times since purchasing it 10 months ago (again, only 389 miles). Will provide an update after hearing back from the shop.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Yes, please do report back the findings from the dealer.
And, no - these scoots settle into a smooth healthy sounding idle within seconds after starting. Nothing rough about it at all.

"To start : key on, pull a brake lever, touch the start button" .....only. NO throttle. Yes?

O.S.

and, Welcome to the forum!
OP
UTC

Lurker
2022 Liberty150s

Lurker
2022 Liberty150s
UTC quote
Will do! Correct, no throttle at all.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Liberty150Mike wrote:
Will do! Correct, no throttle at all.
Any follow-up report?

O.S.
OP
UTC

Lurker
2022 Liberty150s

Lurker
2022 Liberty150s
UTC quote
Apologies, should have replied sooner but am still waiting for the work to be done. The needed part has to be shipped from Italy and there's no ETA yet. As far as the diagnosis, it's a bad ECU (Elect onic Control Unit). It is a warranty repair but I hope this isn't a trend for this scooter model/year, it is a dangerous issue as the scooter shut off while I was going 35-40 on a very busy multi-lane road and had to maneuver over to the side very quickly.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Liberty150Mike wrote:
Apologies, should have replied sooner but am still waiting for the work to be done. The needed part has to be shipped from Italy and there's no ETA yet. As far as the diagnosis, it's a bad ECU (Elect onic Control Unit). It is a warranty repair but I hope this isn't a trend for this scooter model/year, it is a dangerous issue as the scooter shut off while I was going 35-40 on a very busy multi-lane road and had to maneuver over to the side very quickly.
Yeah - thanks!
Let's hope that's a one-off issue. It sure seems to be.
There haven't been a tremendous number of posts here on the Liberty - but I think this is maybe the first issue related to a part failure!
This is my 7th summer with my Liberty S - ridden weekly year round in all kinds of weather (many rides in the rain!) - and is perfect as far as I'm concerned.
I'd like a rear disc brake, but other than that....
Thanks again for the feedback!
O.S.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0134s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0040s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]