OP
UTC

UTC quote
Hi all,

I own a beverly 300 2012. This morning i was cleaning my scooter. I was looking under the engine and saw a bit of oil around head gasket.

I did not see any oil on the ground where my scooter is parked. The scooter is riding perfect at the moment.

I cleaned the area a bit and started running the bike again to look where the leak come from. Within a minute some oil drips came again around the head gasket.

Can someone tell me what the problem is of the oil leak?

Thank you!
Oil leak
Oil leak
Oil leak after cleaning and running scooter for 3 minutes
Oil leak after cleaning and running scooter for 3 minutes
Oil leak other angle
Oil leak other angle
@petercc avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012

Molto Verboso
@petercc avatar
Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012
UTC quote
Hi Nootje. First time I meet someone with the same scooter as mine, also a BV300 from 2012, in Cosmo Black.

Based on your pictures I think it is an oil leak in the valve cover gasket, not in the head gasket. Not so worrying. But if you want to get rid of it then replace that valve cover gasket.
It is in itself not a difficult job but I do not know what you all have to dismantle to get to it.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
PeterCC wrote:
Hi Nootje. First time I meet someone with the same scooter as mine, also a BV300 from 2012, in Cosmo Black.

Based on your pictures I think it is an oil leak in the valve cover gasket, not in the head gasket. Not so worrying. But if you want to get rid of it then replace that valve cover gasket.
It is in itself not a difficult job but I do not know what you all have to dismantle to get to it.
Nice! Okay, thanks for your help!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0086s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0030s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]