OP
UTC

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
UTC quote
I did the full tune up, shortly thereafter, the fuel line disconnected from the injector. I put it back on but it would disconnect again. A friend helped with replacing the fuel injector, immediately, it would take a second or two longer to fire when turning over. Two weeks later it will take four or more seconds to fire and I am giving it gas to help. Sometimes it sounds like it is not firing on every stroke, but when it does, it is more profound, louder, It always starts and hesitant to rev at first, then it calms down and act very normal. Good power, never dies unexpectedly. Gas MPG is in the 80's.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Tony

This is especially important on Sunday mornings as I bring the do-nuts to church. I love seeing the toddlers with a piece of do-nut in each hand.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
It could be a wee leak in the fuel line, the injector is not fully seated or the o-ring on the injector is wonky. But any of these would show as a leak and you would detect it by smell of the gas. Check the injector itself to note the spray pattern and volume.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
UTC quote
Thanks, I will give it a try tomorrow
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
Another thing I thought of. In most fuel pumps there is a part called a gate valve which basically keeps fuel in the line rather than letting it drain back in the tank when not powered up. I don't know if there is one of these in the Vespa fuel pump or even if there was, if it would be rebuildable. Most likely the whole pump assembly would have to be replaced. It also could have a slight leak at the injector end itself, thus bleeding the fuel out into the cylinder. For that, you could check the oil to see if you can smell any gas fumes.
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super

Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
UTC quote
How many miles on the scooter? I am wondering if you are due for a valve adjustment? Tight valves can cause starting problems.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
wbdvt wrote:
How many miles on the scooter? I am wondering if you are due for a valve adjustment? Tight valves can cause starting problems.
My thoughts too. Although "full tune-up" kinda suggested it was just done. OTOH, if you're like me, I'll question whether I got it right as soon as everything is bolted down.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0114s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0043s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]