@bernietime avatar
UTC

Hooked
P200, Stella, P150S, CH80

Hooked
@bernietime avatar
UTC quote
I bought this Rally a couple of months back with a not too good respray silver paint.
The engine was seized and so was the fork axel bearings. I pulled the fork and engine and I am rebuilding them both (slowly but surely).
Many of you know me as the guy who converts all my Vespas to electric. Not all of them... most of them
So, while I am in the rebuild process of the engine/fork, I converted my Rally to electric with a bunch of spare EV parts I had lying around! I also slipped in a fenderless P fork too just to get it rolling around.

13 inch hub motor with disc brake, 72v battery and a kelly KVD controller (thanks charlieman22 for the push to get a kelly). Laser cut CAD designed steel swingarm. Took about 2 hours to get to this stage of conversion. Quick action throttle to a cable throttle box so it still has a mechanical feel when you want it to GO.

And boy does it GO! I haven't gotten a real top speed run yet because it goes way to fast to try to hold my phone with the GPS speedo app running. It does fly by traffic with ease and takes off like a banshee.
The plan is (and has always been) to put it all back to gas powered. But, I am having so much fun with this that I might just interntionally take a little bit longer rebuilding everything.

What do you guys think? Have I desecrated the sacred Rally? Do you like the hot-rod large rear wheel look?
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@bernietime avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@bernietime avatar
UTC quote
Picture of the *cough cough* subtle battery pack strapped to the side for now. Over the weekend it will go in the gas tank location under the seat.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
I do like the beefy look to the rear wheel and how it fills out the ass end. with a front fender it probably wouldn't look awful, and with a 12" conversion up front and a disc it'd probably look quite sharp.

just ditch that saddle. rally's deserve a bench.
@ray8 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@ray8 avatar
UTC quote
bernietime wrote:
What do you guys think? Have I desecrated the sacred Rally?
Yes.
⬆️    About 6 months elapsed    ⬇️
@mattt avatar
UTC

1977 Rally 200

@mattt avatar
1977 Rally 200
UTC quote
bernietime wrote:
Picture of the *cough cough* subtle battery pack strapped to the side for now. Over the weekend it will go in the gas tank location under the seat.
That looks amazing, did you keep it electric?
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
As long as it is all reversable and you have all the original parts, I don't see a problem.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0107s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0027s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]