OP
@vespug avatar
UTC

2023 Primavera 125

@vespug avatar
2023 Primavera 125
UTC quote
I've noticed I take quite a battering when riding at anything 50mph or above, so I think a windshield is in order! What's the smallest I can get away with (as I like the aesthetic less and less as the size increases!) in terms of windshield, that will take the edge off the wind hitting my body? I ride in a full face helmet so don't need it to fully clear my head, but if they body could avoid the wind that would be ideal. Would a fly screen be sufficient or am I better off going with something bigger?
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax (SOLD)

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax (SOLD)
UTC quote
A fly screen will give you a bit of a break, but I don't think it will give you what you're looking for. I think you'd likely be better off with the medium sized screen; you can always cut that down pretty easily if you wanted.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Personally I like the fly-screen (the small screen) on my GTS - the wind misses my stomach and head, but hits my shoulders which is fine as that's where my stabilising arms are attached.

On other scooters I've used a medium screen with a Laminar Lip at the top, to fling the air right over the top of my head, but I can still see over the combination.
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
A fly screen keeps most of the air off your body and interferes minimally with the looks and operation, i.e. it won't turn into a sail as larger windscreens can do in strong winds.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
I have a fly screen and a mid-height screen for my GTS. I use the mid-height screen in Fall-Winter-Spring. It helps keep me warmer and eliminates most of the wind buffeting that occurs against my chest and helmet. I use a fly screen in the summer as the additional airflow helps keep me cool in warm weather.
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped

Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
UTC quote
I just swapped out my wife's 2021 GTS 300 Super's fly screen for a medium Vespa windscreen. The fly screen did little to nothing to stop the wind buffeting that we both experienced when riding her bike. The medium windscreen is just so much better at keeping the wind off her body and the bugs off her helmet's shield. I bought it from Scooterpartsco and once again a pleasant buying experience.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT
UTC quote
I cutdown the large OEM windscreen to what I considered the perfect height for me. I documented the process and the results here, 14 years ago.
Miguel
@bruceh avatar
UTC

2020 GTS 300 Super, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan

@bruceh avatar
2020 GTS 300 Super, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan
UTC quote
Took my new (to me) 2020 GTS out yesterday for a longer ride. The windshield that is on it does about what you're looking for, wind off chest but helmet in the air. I'm 5' 10" with a shorter upper body if that relates.

I've ordered a larger shield for traveling use since I wear a 3/4 helmet and prefer to keep the bugs out of my teeth

Picture to show screen height. Note the CalSci screen on the Himalayan, wish they made those for the Vespa.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0131s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0048s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]