OP
UTC

Lurker
LX125

Lurker
LX125
UTC quote
Hi everyone. I have a vespa LX125 2V carb 2011. I have put in a 72mm polini bore up kit. I also put polini CVT and clutch on the scooter. It runs great. But it had a hard start. I mean when i pressed on the starter, it like make a click sound as if the engine wanna turn on but nothing. It started up fone after a 2nd press on the starter. 1 day the starter went out totally. The mechanic said that it is normal as it is a 2011 scooter. I bought an original sarter and it starts fine. After a few months the bike starts weird again. First press its like stuck and click sound, as if there is no power. The 2nd press then it fire up normally. I havent go to the scooter shop for check up as it can still start after 2nd try.

I tried charging the battery. Battery in good condition. The question is is it because of the bore up engine makes the starter wirk extra hard because of the compression? Or are there any other possibility?

Thank you
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
Did you put the decompression weight back on the camshaft correctly?

With my LX150 I put a 190 kit on and it was definitely hesitant to start, with higher compression and more volume. A new battery was needed.

Welcome to MV.
OP
UTC

Lurker
LX125

Lurker
LX125
UTC quote
[Hi Znomit,

Everything should be good. Becoz there are no problem so far. It runs great.i remember theechanic do some mods that make the compression low so that it is for more safety. some guy told me that big cylinder should have an upgrade for the starter, If not the new starters would be worn out after a few months. Do you have recommendations or suggestions for mod dynamo starters?

quote="znomit"]
Did you put the decompression weight back on the camshaft correctly?

With my LX150 I put a 190 kit on and it was definitely hesitant to start, with higher compression and more volume. A new battery was needed.

Welcome to MV.
[/quote]
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0100s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0019s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]