UTC

Banned
2006 LX150

Banned
2006 LX150
UTC quote
Interesting. I also learned years ago in Statistics that extrapolation was just another crystal ball.
I enjoyed your chart though and its interesting that our huge population increase coincides with huge increases in our knowledge yet all the dire "sky is falling" stuff from charlatans like Al Gore is believable despite much of it having proven to have been largely nonsense. Many still prefer the apocalyptic model; the more dire the better with acolytes frequently believing politicians lecturing us about climate change despite their demonstrated inability to solve the mundane problems that they were actually elected to solve.
Considering most Western countries don't contribute a large percentage of the scary CO2 and that totally impoverishing ourselves and returning to some sort of agrarian hell will not do anything to save us from the large polluters, who will carry on trying to emulate us(!). I find the entire argument moot.
I'm going out to polish my scooter.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
Xsbank wrote:
Considering most Western countries don't contribute a large percentage of the scary CO2 and that totally impoverishing ourselves and returning to some sort of agrarian hell will not do anything to save us from the large polluters, who will carry on trying to emulate us(!). I find the entire argument moot.
I'm going out to polish my scooter.
Interesting coincidence. Canada has the 7th highest CO2 emissions, both in terms of total (675 million tons) and per capita (18 tons).

https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/co2-emissions-per-capita/
UTC

Banned
2006 LX150

Banned
2006 LX150
UTC quote
Canada contributes less than 1.5% of the total emissions. If every Canadian just vanished, emissions reductions worldwide would be virtually unchanged. We piously pay our carbon taxes and pay around $10 for a pound of butter and we feel virtuous. Common sense is dead.

I just read that there is a small bird called the Godwit that flies from Alaska to New Zealand NON STOP! It take the little buggers 9 days and they don't eat nor rest. How the heck do they find New Zealand? How do they train their young? Apparently they can put half of their brains to sleep while the other half flies. Then, to just completely boggle my own half-asleep brain, they fly back again the same year. They can fly 3 or 4 miles high and they know somehow what the weather and flying conditions are going to be before they take off. They can live for 20 years.

I'm done, unless provoked I will be hibernating.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Xsbank wrote:
Interesting. I also learned years ago in Statistics that extrapolation was just another crystal ball.
I enjoyed your chart though and its interesting that our huge population increase coincides with huge increases in our knowledge yet all the dire "sky is falling" stuff from charlatans like Al Gore is believable despite much of it having proven to have been largely nonsense. Many still prefer the apocalyptic model; the more dire the better with acolytes frequently believing politicians lecturing us about climate change despite their demonstrated inability to solve the mundane problems that they were actually elected to solve.
This earned Xsbank a permanent ban.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0132s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0055s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]