@vintagescooterdude avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT200 2009 Genuine Stella

Hooked
@vintagescooterdude avatar
2006 GT200 2009 Genuine Stella
UTC quote
I wear a solid gloss white full face helmet. I like light gloss colors, plus white is more visible than most anything else, without looking like some kind of fluorescent orange OSHA safety gear. I wear a full face helmet mostly for protection from wind and whatever might be in it. I ride on the highway a lot. I like one piece helmets and D rings, because they are a lot less likely to fail in a crash than modular helmets and buckles. But since your wife will be wearing it, I would try and figure out what she would want.

Yes brake fluid does absorb water. If you have a partial can of brake fluid you should get rid of it. I would not use brake fluid after it has been opened and been sitting around for a while. But a hydraulic brake system is a sealed system. Neither air nor water can get into it, unless you open it up. Don't remove the master cylinder caps unless you are going to replace the fluid, and get them back on quickly. The fluid level will drop as the pads and rotors wear. That is normal. It's not leaking or evaporating. It will go back up when you replace worn rotors or pads. Most brake systems have plenty of fluid in them to account for wear of parts. Don't "top up" a fluid reservoir because the level has gone down slightly. As long as the fluid level is between the lines it's fine.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
About helmets - as others have said, fit is most important. Visible colors are a plus. I would not encourage half helmets. Among 3/4, full, and modular helmets - go for one that is comfortable and fits well (remember that the fit should NOT be loose, especially when new as the padding will compress a bit through time).
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
It's sad to see this hope you find the yellow one soon.
@coddy avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 GTS 300 Supersport, Triumph Tiger 800

Addicted
@coddy avatar
2021 GTS 300 Supersport, Triumph Tiger 800
UTC quote
Don't forget the photo's when you bring her home to your lucky lass
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Thank you everyone for your help! I brought the yellow sprint 150 back today and have it in our storage unit waiting for my wife's 40th bday. I rented a pickup truck, drove 3+ hrs, bought a ramp, loaded it up, tied it down, and brought it home! It was very hard keeping it a secret from my wife. Had to stop sharing my location with her which required some bs about updating my phone and not being on the same WiFi as her

Now I need a windscreen I think!
@bruceh avatar
UTC

2020 GTS 300 Super, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan

@bruceh avatar
2020 GTS 300 Super, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan
UTC quote
Get through the "big reveal". Take her for a couple of rides while explaining your likes/discomforts during the ride.

Let "her" tell "you" that you should spend some more money and buy a windscreen.

Just my $.02, been happily married for 30+ years though, and "she" told "me" that we should buy the vespa...

Bruce
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0150s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0081s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]