2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300

Addicted
@californiacruising avatar
UTC quote
Simple hose and bottle?
Oneway valve?
Mitivac style vacuum pump?

I have had good success with flushing brakes using the simple hose and bottle method on ABS equipped Vespas and motorcycles but thinking of upping my brake flush game with a oneway valve.

Haven't had to replace any brake lines, components or bleed any air out of an ABS system yet though.

Also wondering if during a home Vespa brake flush is the brake fluid getting flushed through the ABS unit as well?
Should the scooter be driven with brakes used hard enough to cycle fluid through the ABS unit and then a do a re-flush?
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
UTC quote
My wife gave me this for Christmas a couple years ago. I did the 60,000 mile service on her Subaru Forester XT last month and used it to replace/bleed the brake fluid. Holy cow! Some jobs are so much easier with the right tool.
OP
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
caschnd1 wrote:
My wife gave me this for Christmas a couple years ago. I did the 60,000 mile service on her Subaru Forester XT last month and used it to replace/bleed the brake fluid. Holy cow! Some jobs are so much easier with the right tool.
Cool man.
I really should get an air compressor.

I don't want to hijack my own thread but when you get a few minutes could you please tell me everything you know about Harley Davidsons 😂

I'm in the market for a late model Roadster but also like the old EVOs too.

Here is what I think I know.
Big Harleys,

80ci EVOs good
88ci bad
96ci and after good but not as low maintenance and reliable as the older EVOs

As well as some models throughout the years and range need unlisted maintenance intervention (oil pumps, chain tensioners, early clutch upgrades) to avoid catastrophe

Sportsters

"the majority of the Harley Davidson Sportster-users tend to make this major argument that Harley Davidson Sportster (1200 S) of the years 1996 to 1999 is highly preferable. The strongest opinions were for the late 90s sportsters. More specifically, 1994+ is more ideal than earlier models (1991 to 1993).
If we look into some other models from the years after 2000. So Harley Davidson's 2004 to 2007 sportsters are strongly condemned by different owners, majorly for the reasons that specific issues that need to be addressed by Harley Davidson for improved performance and reliability.
The reasons for the 2004-2006 Harley Sportsters were that they had a 1200 conversion that urged the riders to upgrade their oil pumps which was a major drawback because the oil came out the breathers at highway speeds.
However, the 2007 Harley Davidson Sportster was fuel injected. But the outcome was not satisfying because it lacks the fuel level stuff which does not work efficiently and builds a barrier for the fuel gauge to work even properly, and the add-on unit is trash.
To conclude here, for the best Harley experience, Harleys 1991 to 2000 Sportsters are great from the Harley Davidson inventions. And, it is best to stay away from the Harleys Davidson Sportsters of the year 2004 to 2006"

And, " 2014 Sportster and up
better brake assys
better canbus wiring system more simple
closed loop exhaust system (slip ons, stock air cleaner may not need to tune)
New suspension better coil over rear shocks
cartridge system front suspension
Oil/tank plus trans/primary oil combined"
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0204s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0086s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]