@zachyzach avatar
UTC

Addicted
'64 VBBs, '74 BMW R75/6 airhead, '74 Bultaco Alpina 250, Lambrettas + projects

Addicted
@zachyzach avatar
UTC quote
Not a solely vintage scooter related post, but... hey, I just wondered if anyone is participating in this year's Distinguished Gentleman's ride in their fair city?

Tomorrow, May 21, I'm riding in the Montague MA charity event (which raises funds for mens' mental health/suicide prevention programs, as well as prostate cancer awareness & research). Localized rides (typically on vintage bikes) take place all around the world for this cause.

There's still time to register for one in your neck of the woods if you're so inclined to join.

Anyway, wishing all a safe ride and go enjoy your dapper selves. I'm going to ride a 1970s motorcycle rather than a scoot for this one. And now to see if I can procure a suitable pair of pantaloons...

https://www.gentlemansride.com
@chandlerman avatar
UTC

Lucky
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 79 P200E, 66 Lammy S3

72 Days Since Last Explosion

Lucky
@chandlerman avatar
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella, 66 Smallstate, 79 P200E, 66 Lammy S3

72 Days Since Last Explosion
UTC quote
I turned out last year here in Nashville. I was the only scooter and the only one there who looked like a proper mod in a black suit, black tie, and Doc's.

I had forgotten it was tomorrow, despite getting all the emails, until just now. Maybe I'll go if the Missus doesn't have better things for me to do.
OP
@zachyzach avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@zachyzach avatar
UTC quote
chandlerman wrote:
I turned out last year here in Nashville. I was the only scooter and the only one there who looked like a proper mod in a black suit, black tie, and Doc's.

I had forgotten it was tomorrow, despite getting all the emails, until just now. Maybe I'll go if the Missus doesn't have better things for me to do.
Good on ya. I've wanted to join a DG ride for a half dozen years but this may be the closest and we like this cycle shop that's sponsoring it. Last I checked there was just one scoot amongst the 20 or so bikes: a twist n go Vespa 946.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS

Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
UTC quote
DGR done and dusted in New Zealand, 8:45pm here now. I took part in a ride about 100km away from home. Trailered Bella over the hill and was one of about 130 riders, with a good number of pillions as well. Due to the generosity of my sponsors I managed to be the most sponsored rider in Tauranga - really pleased to have gathered $NZ1329. The total for the ride was about $NZ15000, all good money for the cause.
Arriving at the start, support crew there as well.
Arriving at the start, support crew there as well.
Ready for the off.
Ready for the off.
Refreshment stop.
Refreshment stop.
OP
@zachyzach avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@zachyzach avatar
UTC quote
pigletpilot wrote:
Props to you PigletPilot! Today, we ran a 50 mile circuit through the Connecticut River valley of western Massachusetts, hitting the college towns of Northampton and Amherst. Notable bikes were a 1960 Velocette Venom Clubman (a 499cc single 4-stroke from the UK) and a 1960s BMW R60 twin in white. I was jealous of how pristine it was, while my blue 1974 R75 prefers to wear a coat of oil outside its engine. Nineteen riders raised $3754 for the charity.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0123s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0043s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]