@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
I've been doing this once a month. I always clean the one that I am riding after I am done riding it for the week then move onto the next. But a couple of observations lately;

1- I should be checking the tire pressure after every ride.
It's important and these tires do lose air. I was only checking it once a month before.

2- The non-Vespa branded gas caps can be junk. I've now had two of them which leak and they are more difficult to reseat than the standard, plastic fitting that comes OEM from Vespa. On the Verde Amabile GTS, I got the Vespa branded metal gas cap and have no issues yet with it.

3- None of my 2023 Vespa GTS 300's have burned oil, I check as soon as I am done riding whichever Vespa for the week and find that they don't seem to burn oil yet (some of them after 600 miles, still no oil burning). Maybe they've changed the newest iteration of the engine to be less oil burning? Not sure, but I can tell you, they're not burning oil. I will continue to check though, in the event that this changes.

4- Resetting the Service Minder Wrench on the 2023 models is super easy and intuitive. First Service is not very difficult and having a good lift table will certainly save your back.

5- All of my 2023's from brand new had low Coolant. I had to buy two bottles two top them all up, but they seem to be staying topped up at the moment. Something else to check once a month.

6- All of my 2023's are getting 68+ miles per gallon, with for whatever reason, the Verde Amabile getting over 75 mpg consistently.

That's all
Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
1- it's best to check the air in your tires before a ride. Things can happen in the time your Vespas are parked, especially if the temperature should change.

3- that depends on how you ride. I found that with WOT on the highway there was oil consumption, at a more leisurely pace on byways, not so much. From what you post as your average mpg, it seems you do not ride much WOT on highways anyway, or it would be substantially lower.
OP
@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
Absolutely! I always check the tires cold before I ride. My speed averages from 50 to 60 mph consistently, almost all of the roads that I take care are 50mph like on the 111 highway and Dina Shore. I don't go on the freeway much, but I don't baby it either. My 2022 models did use oil consistently but not very much. I've noticed these don't seem to use any but I'm not overly aggressive. 😌🛵🛵🛵
giallo wrote:
1- it's best to check the air in your tires before a ride. Things can happen in the time your Vespas are parked, especially if the temperature should change.

3- that depends on how you ride. I found that with WOT on the highway there was oil consumption, at a more leisurely pace on byways, not so much. From what you post as your average mpg, it seems you do not ride much WOT on highways anyway, or it would be substantially lower.
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP
UTC quote
I don't get why you have so many of the same model of scooter. If you're lucky enough to afford so many why not mix it up for a different ride experience?
OP
@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
Cause the GTS is what I love even if I seem crazy ROFL emoticon

well maybe I am a little crazy but I have a thing for multiple colors.

I will add a vintage Vespa but won't likely ride it much.
Bobo wrote:
I don't get why you have so many of the same model of scooter. If you're lucky enough to afford so many why not mix it up for a different ride experience?
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
RobaLatte wrote:
Cause the GTS is what I love even if I seem crazy ROFL emoticon

well maybe I am a little crazy but I have a thing for multiple colors.

I will add a vintage Vespa but won't likely ride it much.
That wouldn't be me, but I totally get what you are doing and admire that, colors and all.
@californiacruising avatar
UTC

Addicted
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300

Addicted
@californiacruising avatar
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
UTC quote
Awesome write up.
I check oil, air pressure and for any fluid leaks about once a week on my 2 Vespas.

Scooter maintenance for you is like painting the Golden Gate Bridge,
once you're done with the last one, it's time to start on the first one again 😂
You got good problems
OP
@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
Thank you and so true!!
Never ending fun
CaliforniaCruising wrote:
Awesome write up.
I check oil, air pressure and for any fluid leaks about once a week on my 2 Vespas.

Scooter maintenance for you is like painting the Golden Gate Bridge,
once you're done with the last one, it's time to start on the first one again 😂
You got good problems
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0126s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0028s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]