OP
UTC

Lurker
Primavera 50

Lurker
Primavera 50
UTC quote
Just got one (it was love at first sight) and am so thrilled, except for an issue with the turn signal. Don't want to go through the hassle of taking it back to the dealer if it's an easy fix.

The issue:
Left turn signal fine, lights up (front and rear) normal blinking speed.
Right turn signal, only rear lights up, fast blinking speed.

What's going on? Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
There's an open circuit in the right front turn signal. It could be a burnt out bulb, a loose connection, a faulty socket, or a broken wire.

Try swapping bulbs with the left front signal. If the problem moves with the bulb, the bulb is bad. If the problem stays with the right side it's a faulty socket or a broken wire, best left to the dealer to find, especially if it's still under warranty. Otherwise you'll have to trace the broken circuit yourself.

If you're lucky, the problem will fix itself as you're plugging and unplugging the bulbs.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Welcome to MV. Seriously, Whattookmesolong, what took you so long!?! Razz emoticon
Post pictures. We love pictures.

Cars do the fast blinky thing when a bulb is out. Once you determine that is the problem, I'd replace the pair so they match in brightness.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Primavera 50

Lurker
Primavera 50
UTC quote
Ahhh. I've come to the right place Many thanks for the replies. Will try and see if it's just the bulb. I had also reached out to the salesman and he said the same thing

Pictures soon. It's just a stock 2023, but man, she is a beauty. What took me so long indeed. Laughing emoticon
OP
UTC

Lurker
Primavera 50

Lurker
Primavera 50
UTC quote
Swapped out both front turn signal bulbs. Problem solved. Thanks!

Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0121s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0066s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]