OP
@rob98801 avatar
UTC

Addicted
85 Vepsa PX150E with sidecar, 80 P200 with sidecar, 96 Goldwing with Hannigan Sidecar, LR87aj5, LR91aj3

Addicted
@rob98801 avatar
85 Vepsa PX150E with sidecar, 80 P200 with sidecar, 96 Goldwing with Hannigan Sidecar, LR87aj5, LR91aj3
UTC quote
The video shows AC output across the two yellows coming from the engine case. The engine is set to a fast idle.

Note the changing voltage. If engine is set to a higher RPM the voltage will drop to 5VAC to 7VAC.

The voltage across the two yellows without load attached follows RPM up to 35 or 37VAC.

This all came about after battery wasn't being charged, Two new regulators and still not charging.

Flywheel Magnets? OR?
UTC

Enthusiast
2009 mp3

Enthusiast
2009 mp3
UTC quote
Digital meters will do that. Depends on which part of the wave it reads at the time. An analogue meter is much better for reading that sort of thing.
@markosmarkos avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@markosmarkos avatar
UTC quote
You state you have two yellow wires. This points to the older, not-manufactured-anymore, 4 pin regulator (double-yellow) system. However, in 1980, most were swapped over to the 5 pin regulator (yellow-red system). It could be an incorrect regulator/rectifier you may be using that is not charging the battery. There are workaround regulator/rectifiers for the double yellow system. You may want to show a picture of which regulator you are having issues with and verify which stator/wiring harness you have.
OP
@rob98801 avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@rob98801 avatar
UTC quote
Out to the Garage.........Back in a bit.

Shades of red flush over my face.... EE degree ( vacuum tubes were my thing), Taught many electronics classes... but all that was 35+ years ago.

Out to the garage.. dig to the back of the cabinet..find my trusted Triplet model 630-apl muttering the whole time something about "I knew that at one time"

Anyway Analog to the rescue. All is well.

Thanks to all.
⚠️ Last edited by Rob98801 on UTC; edited 1 time
@gickspeed avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@gickspeed avatar
UTC quote
This is more like a solution looking for a problem.

The two yellows are floating on the stator. I would be more apt to check the B+ post on the rectifier. This would be your DC output to the fuse. Are we sure we have the correct rectifier because that thing is very specific.

https://www.scooterhelp.com/electrics/wiring/VSX1T.USA.before.pdf
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0086s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]