@cogind avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
The overwhelming great reviews here pushed me over the edge.
It's really nice, the ride home was super enjoyable but gotta figure out the dashboard.
I don't know who the guy is that photobombed the pic, but I will let him slide.

I'm going to post my 2012 Super shortly.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@2wheelsdan avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 supertech

Hooked
@2wheelsdan avatar
GTS300 supertech
UTC quote
Congrats! Beautiful scooter. Getting it from Robot is an added bonus.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Congrats, Cogind! I'm glad you got to meet Jeff, AKA Robot, as he's quite the celebrity in Vespa circles.
@bluside avatar
UTC

Addicted
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie

Addicted
@bluside avatar
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie
UTC quote
A big congratulations. Ride safe.
UTC

Vespa GTS SS

Vespa GTS SS
UTC quote
I bought here twin a couple weeks ago, still loving it.
OP
@cogind avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Thanks all! I have met Jeff before, for parts and service on my 2012.

I am glad I went by today, the shop will be closed while they all go to Amerivespa for a week.

Definitely will sell the 2012. Probably will sell the Monkey, too.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Wait - Vespa Motorsport sold a GTS to Jon Stewart?!?

Congrats on the new addition!
UTC

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150
UTC quote
He does bear a resemblance doesn't he?

Reminds me of my very favorite Better Call Saul episode...well at least the scene in the beginning of the episode that shows Saul crawling out of bed at first waking in the morning obviously well worn from the previous nights festivities

And then the young lady in bed beside him is revealed and as she comes to consciousness and becomes aware (woke defined) she looks at Saul and says "your not Kevin Costner"

But he does bear a resemblance...
OP
@cogind avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
skids wrote:
He does bear a resemblance doesn't he?

Reminds me of my very favorite Better Call Saul episode...well at least the scene in the beginning of the episode that shows Saul crawling out of bed at first waking in the morning obviously well worn from the previous nights festivities

And then the young lady in bed beside him is revealed and as she comes to consciousness and becomes aware (woke defined) she looks at Saul and says "your not Kevin Costner"

But he does bear a resemblance...
And that same young lady woke up next to me and said, "You are not Jon Stewart."

ROFL emoticon

Thanks, I'll be here till Thursday, try the veal!
OP
@cogind avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Ok, I put about 70 to 80 miles on the bike yesterday. I have three dislikes:

The seat is very comfortable. However, the vinyl is textured. This doesn't allow me to slide off the seat and put one leg down easily. I'm short, so it matters. I'm sure I'll adapt.

Next: the headlight is great. But there's an odd lighting pattern, right in front of the bike, which I have to look beyond, if you will, to not notice it.

Last: the chrome by the handlebar switches, got to go. Sign me up for replacements in black. If anybody has solutions to any of these three minor issues, I'm all ears.

My 2012 is for sale. It's down in the for sale postings.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
cogind wrote:
the headlight is great. But there's an odd lighting pattern, right in front of the bike, which I have to look beyond, if you will, to not notice it.
I hate the high beam mode on my 2019 HPE.

there's threads on the for the pre-2023 eg https://modernvespa.com/forum/post2569188#2569188
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
coigns wrote:
Ok, I put about 70 to 80 miles on the bike yesterday. I have three dislikes:

The seat is very comfortable. However, the vinyl is textured. This doesn't allow me to slide off the seat and put one leg down easily. I'm short, so it matters. I'm sure I'll adapt.
I put a mesh cover on my 2023 for the cannonball to improve airflow and I slide around more than I'd prefer.
coigns wrote:
Next: the headlight is great. But there's an odd lighting pattern, right in front of the bike, which I have to look beyond, if you will, to not notice it.
I Lind the lighting so much better I don't mind the bit of pattern.
coigns wrote:
Last: the chrome by the handlebar switches, got to go. Sign me up for replacements in black. If anybody has solutions to any of these three minor issues, I'm all ears.
On AliExpress they have switch covers I. Black and other colors for the Sprint and Primavera. I'm sure they will have some for the GTS before too much longer. In the meantime I used some window film to tone down the glaring chrome. I have been periodically checking for GTS switch covers and will order black ones as soon as I see them.
UTC

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150
UTC quote
cogind wrote:
And that same young lady woke up next to me and said, "You are not Jon Stewart."

ROFL emoticon

Thanks, I'll be here till Thursday, try the veal!
I can totally see that happening several times and you are welcome for the straight lines! Just remember since I am feeding the straight lines I get top billing, just like Abbot and Costello or Laurel and Hardy for us its skids and cogind! I am fine however with a 50/50 split.

Veal was excellent!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_man

"History

Abbott (left) acting as straight man to Costello
In vaudeville, effective straight men were much less common than comedians. The straight man's name usually appeared first and he usually received 60% of the take. This helped take the sting out of not being the laugh-getter and helped ensure the straight man's loyalty to the team.[2] Abbott and Costello, one of America's most popular comedy duos of the 1940s and 50s in radio, film and television, began as nightclub performers when the straight-faced Bud Abbott contrasted against the bumbling Lou Costello; Abbott, unusually, allowed Costello a larger paycheck to keep him on the team. "
@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon
Congrats! That's a beautiful ride!
OP
@cogind avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
skids wrote:
I can totally see that happening several times and you are welcome for the straight lines! Just remember since I am feeding the straight lines I get top billing, just like Abbot and Costello or Laurel and Hardy for us its skids and cogind! I am fine however with a 50/50 split.

Veal was excellent!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_man

"History

Abbott (left) acting as straight man to Costello
In vaudeville, effective straight men were much less common than comedians. The straight man's name usually appeared first and he usually received 60% of the take. This helped take the sting out of not being the laugh-getter and helped ensure the straight man's loyalty to the team.[2] Abbott and Costello, one of America's most popular comedy duos of the 1940s and 50s in radio, film and television, began as nightclub performers when the straight-faced Bud Abbott contrasted against the bumbling Lou Costello; Abbott, unusually, allowed Costello a larger paycheck to keep him on the team. "
50/50? I will have to contact my agent.
Funny that folks think I look like Jon Stewart in that pic. When I was younger, and had long curly brown/blond hair, I got mistaken for Roger Daltrey. I used to get asked for my autograph in NYC when I was in my 20's a lot.
OP
@cogind avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
RobaLatte wrote:
Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon
Congrats! That's a beautiful ride!
Thank you ! You should get one. No, wait.........
OP
@cogind avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
cdwise wrote:
I put a mesh cover on my 2023 for the cannonball to improve airflow and I slide around more than I'd prefer.

I Lind the lighting so much better I don't mind the bit of pattern.

On AliExpress they have switch covers I. Black and other colors for the Sprint and Primavera. I'm sure they will have some for the GTS before too much longer. In the meantime I used some window film to tone down the glaring chrome. I have been periodically checking for GTS switch covers and will order black ones as soon as I see them.
Thanks, if you could post a pic of how you did the window film that would be great. I guess I could take them off and paint them. I'm assuming I would have to use a small screwdriver to pop off the switches. They do seem flimsy to me, so maybe just wait and do that once with replacement covers when the aftermarket comes out with them.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
cogind wrote:
Thanks, if you could post a pic of how you did the window film that would be great. I guess I could take them off and paint them. I'm assuming I would have to use a small screwdriver to pop off the switches. They do seem flimsy to me, so maybe just wait and do that once with replacement covers when the aftermarket comes out with them.
The window film isn't the best job. This photo was part of the way through. I used some 3m knife less tape and outlined the edge gems of the chrome https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LGBQW8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then cut a much larger piece from window film and a hair dryer stretched it over the chrome area and a vinyl wrap tool to smooth it. Then used the knife less tape to cut it and the edge of the tool to sort of tuck the edges down in the gap. Then I used a pair of tiny scissors to poke a small hole to release the tension then an exact knife very carefully so as not to scratch the chrome where it was stretched over the switched and trimmed to allow the switches to move. That part isn't great. More complex than applying to window or lights. I followed a couple videos on using the knifeless tap though the folks who made them are considerably better at it than I am.
Left stock, right partially completed tint wrap.
Left stock, right partially completed tint wrap.
@californiacruising avatar
UTC

Addicted
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300

Addicted
@californiacruising avatar
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
UTC quote
[/quote]Get a rattle can of SEM plastic adhesion promoter and a rattle can of SEM auto trim black from Amazon, scuff well with gray scotchbrite, it'll stick just fine.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
CaliforniaCruising wrote:
}Get a rattle can of SEM plastic adhesion promoter and a rattle can of SEM auto trim black from Amazon, scuff well with gray scotchbrite, it'll stick just fine.
I'm check AliExpress every week or two to see if the folks who make the Primavera and Sprint switch covers have started making ones for tge GTS. The minute I find them in black my order goes in.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0222s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0079s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]