@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
UTC quote
I will be in Naples next week on a work trip but I have Saturday free to rent a scooter. Can anyone recommend any companies they have used? Ideally, I would hire a Vespa or Piaggio Liberty etc. I am staying in quite a remote area which does not have anything nearby according to Google so looks like I will need to ride a train into the centre unless I could pay extra for a delivery service.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
When I was there, http://www.scooterrentnapoli.it/ had the best prices I saw in all of Italy. I got a very new Beverly 350 in 2021.
OP
@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
UTC quote
mayorofnow wrote:
When I was there, http://www.scooterrentnapoli.it/ had the best prices I saw in all of Italy. I got a very new Beverly 350 in 2021.
Thanks. I actually chatted to them via Whatsapp and they directed me to the website but sorted out a delivery to my hotel with another place all via Whatsapp so lets see how that works out Scooter emoticon
@adri avatar
UTC

Atypical Canadian
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie

Atypical Canadian
@adri avatar
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
UTC quote
Today I learned Naples was listed in Time Magazine World's Greatest Places 2023

Shitty summary doesn't do it justice but gives you an idea: https://time.com/6261656/naples-italy/
@armedferret avatar
UTC

Addicted
'23 300 Super

Addicted
@armedferret avatar
'23 300 Super
UTC quote
Great town. Keep your wallet in a zippered pocket though.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
UTC quote
I had an amazing couple of days in Bacoli before I spent 5 days in the centre which got a bit a tedious. I was out late every night but the place just shuts down early and is very safe from my point of view. Very different to a large city.
@armedferret avatar
UTC

Addicted
'23 300 Super

Addicted
@armedferret avatar
'23 300 Super
UTC quote
johnymoore wrote:
I had an amazing couple of days in Bacoli before I spent 5 days in the centre which got a bit a tedious. I was out late every night but the place just shuts down early and is very safe from my point of view. Very different to a large city.
it's a bittersweet thing really, the local...."members of a loose-knit social club" shall we say so as to not offend anyone tend to keep the petty stuff to a minimum, and generally speaking tourists are SUPPOSED to be off limits for the more serious targeting. plenty still happens, of course, but by and large it's a lovely town and is relatively safe.

as with any place not familiar to a traveler, staying in at least a small group is best. plus then you have friends to share a pizza and negroni/spritz/caffeinated beverage of choice with.

I will say while we never felt unsafe anywhere, Ercolano had to be the sketchiest area we have visited so far. But the B&B we stayed at (Villa Durante) was epic and the family running it were absolutely lovely.
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
UTC quote
Napoli,

It must have really turned around. There was a spell when crime was pretty bad. I understand the drug trade kind of came through the Bay of Naples.

I lived there for four years before the drug stuff. My Italian girl friend taught me to keep my wallet in my front pant pocket. The locals kind of had a ethic that you need to get stuff stolen if you leave it unsecured.

Many of my Italian neighbors had photos of (1) The Pope, (2) John F Kennedy,
and (3) Dean Martin hung up around the house. Hey, "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza cupcake".

Bob Copeland
Napoli back in 1972
Napoli back in 1972
Two sailors with their Italian Girl Friends.  John on the left actually married his girl friend.  I am on the right with Maria.  Boy's, keep your wallets in the front pocket.
Two sailors with their Italian Girl Friends. John on the left actually married his girl friend. I am on the right with Maria. Boy's, keep your wallets in the front pocket.
@armedferret avatar
UTC

Addicted
'23 300 Super

Addicted
@armedferret avatar
'23 300 Super
UTC quote
oh the drug trade still very much goes through the port of Napoli, that certainly hasn't changed.

those who used to compete, however, have come to understand that by working together, they have all pros and few--if any--cons. so the sensational issues that arose from "stiff competition" no longer really exist (though on a lower level of course they still do, but that will always be there no matter what).

they're starting--though still a long way to go throughout the entire country--to adopt more of an "american" viewpoint from the NY families, in that by keeping a lower profile and respecting each organization's staked claims, there's a lot less involvement from their professional adversary leaving them more free to run their enterprises.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0116s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0048s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]