OP
@jockieluv avatar
UTC

2016 GTS300 Tourer

@jockieluv avatar
2016 GTS300 Tourer
UTC quote
Hi all first post and its a cracker.....got a gts 300 tourer and shes causing some issues. Starting in the morning and she turns over and will start but not first go. If you try to restart her once shes warm it wont always happen, I have replaced the solenoid as when she refuses to start you can hear it clicking but thats not worked. Yesterday she cut out on me mid ride and when she fired up she ran fine but i had lost the speedo and the abs and efi lights were on but she ran fine. Got to destination and she got to cool down and when restated speedo worked and no lights. Mid trip speedo goes and lights back on. If I bypass the solenoid using a pair of long nose pliers she fires up all OK, battery is working as it should so its not a regulator issues and the engine once stater performs at it should.
@clampett avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022&2023 Primavera 150

Hooked
@clampett avatar
2022&2023 Primavera 150
UTC quote
Howdy and welcome. Strange happenings to you. But we have some excellent wrenchers here.

Is that Birmingham, England, Alabama, or Michigan??
OP
@jockieluv avatar
UTC

2016 GTS300 Tourer

@jockieluv avatar
2016 GTS300 Tourer
UTC quote
Hi.....UK
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
Jockieluv wrote:
Hi all first post and its a cracker.....got a gts 300 tourer and shes causing some issues. Starting in the morning and she turns over and will start but not first go. If you try to restart her once shes warm it wont always happen, I have replaced the solenoid as when she refuses to start you can hear it clicking but thats not worked. Yesterday she cut out on me mid ride and when she fired up she ran fine but i had lost the speedo and the abs and efi lights were on but she ran fine. Got to destination and she got to cool down and when restated speedo worked and no lights. Mid trip speedo goes and lights back on. If I bypass the solenoid using a pair of long nose pliers she fires up all OK, battery is working as it should so its not a regulator issues and the engine once stater performs at it should.
which solenoid?

you say it cut out mid ride yet you say the engine performs as it should once started? contradiction.

if the speedo is not always working then might be one of the relays or kill switch getting flaky (happened to me recently)
OP
@jockieluv avatar
UTC

2016 GTS300 Tourer

@jockieluv avatar
2016 GTS300 Tourer
UTC quote
It was the starter solenoid and we immobilised the kill switch. In terms of the engine what happens is you can be going along no problems and then its almost like its going to die but then it springs back into life and goes all OK. Only seems to happen once and within a few miles of you starting the ride. I suspect I may need to replace the wiring loom as there are too many things going on. At present she fires up but the ABS light is on constant and no speedo but rest of dash working fine.
UTC

Hooked
2007gts250ie

Hooked
2007gts250ie
UTC quote
Welcome to Modern Vespa. Problems that occur at random times can be very difficult to decipher. As more info becomes available a good wrencher here may recognize and direct you to the cause and a solution.
OP
@jockieluv avatar
UTC

2016 GTS300 Tourer

@jockieluv avatar
2016 GTS300 Tourer
UTC quote
Thank you for the welcome.
UTC

Honda Integra 750

Honda Integra 750
UTC quote
I had a bike where a bad coil caused similar symptoms.

I'm sure Mr Greasy greasy125 will be along to help soon.

Good luck

John
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0183s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0088s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]