@carolan avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 400 "Orion"

Addicted
@carolan avatar
MP3 400 "Orion"
UTC quote
After over a decade enjoying the Piaggio MP3, the time has come to transition to a Spyder. It's time to let it go to someone who'll ride it and love it as much as I have.

Listed here:
https://modernvespa.com/forum/post2618663#2618663

Heartfelt thanks to everyone on this forum who so freely gave of their time, tips, and advice. Also for all the hand-holding, tear-wiping, and cheering-on.

Love you all.
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
Always a sad day when someone has to sell their bike . Good on you for keeping in the spirit and joy of riding with the Spyder; those are indeed still allot of fun.

The bike in the ad is a gem with all those mods; hopefully you find a buyer who will pay you its proper value.

Safe riding
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
Good luck with the sale, your scooter looks really good.
I also have a Spyder (in addition to my MP3 and, well, ...).
Which Spyder did you go with?

Also maybe I missed it but I don't see either selling price or miles on your MP3 in your ad.

And if you are up to the hassle, I'm guessing you could get a pretty penny for those floorboards if you offered them separately. Just be prepared for shipping costs. What The? emoticon
OP
@carolan avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 400 "Orion"

Addicted
@carolan avatar
MP3 400 "Orion"
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Good luck with the sale, your scooter looks really good.
I also have a Spyder (in addition to my MP3 and, well, ...).
Which Spyder did you go with?

Also maybe I missed it but I don't see either selling price or miles on your MP3 in your ad.

And if you are up to the hassle, I'm guessing you could get a pretty penny for those floorboards if you offered them separately. Just be prepared for shipping costs. What The? emoticon
My brother in law saw one for sale in Dennison in September of last year, not far from where he lives but 3 hours from us. While we were visiting for a family get together, we zipped up there to look at it. It's a 2016 RTS and at the time it had LESS THAN 200 miles on it. We literally more than doubled the mileage just riding it home. It had belonged to an older man with health issues who died in an accident, and his son was selling it. It had been garage kept and kept on a tender, tires looked good, seemed to run well, so I bought it. So far so good no major issues. Just looking for a backrest that'll work for my short self, and trying to carve out some time to install a set of highway pegs.

Riding it has been a learning curve, but I'm getting there. I'm also learning that doing any routine maintenance on the Spyder is a major deal due to massive panel removal and the totally STUPID location of the oil change bolts. I mean, come ON. You shouldn't have to lift a thousand-pound bike 18 inches off the ground to do it.

Did I forget to put the selling price? (face palm) I'll check. I'm asking 5500 with all the extras on it. I hadn't planned on piecing it out. I imagine the shipping is outrageous. I worked a long time to get the bike set up the way I like it, being a short person, so I'm hoping another shortie will catch sight of it.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
Nice! We got our second Spyder about three years ago.
You got a good one for sure.

Feel free to PM me if you like, and I'll let you know what highway pegs and whatnot I installed, and we can also commiserate about the woes of Spyder maintenance. Bet you thought nothing could top an MP3! ROFL emoticon
OP
@carolan avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 400 "Orion"

Addicted
@carolan avatar
MP3 400 "Orion"
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Nice! We got our second Spyder about three years ago.
You got a good one for sure.

Feel free to PM me if you like, and I'll let you know what highway pegs and whatnot I installed, and we can also commiserate about the woes of Spyder maintenance. Bet you thought nothing could top an MP3! ROFL emoticon
Thanks! I'll do that. I appreciate any info I can get.

Hahahahaha, yes, I look back on the days of learning to wrench our way around the MP3, and it seems like a simpler time...
UTC

2023 Piaggio MP3 530

2023 Piaggio MP3 530
UTC quote
I'm sorry your MP3 years are over but I hope you will enjoy your future ride. As a fellow height-challenged rider, I'm jealous of your fantastic lowered seat/suspension. I'd love to know how you got a custom seat with the rider sensor installed.
OP
@carolan avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 400 "Orion"

Addicted
@carolan avatar
MP3 400 "Orion"
UTC quote
slomo_scooterbabe wrote:
I'm sorry your MP3 years are over but I hope you will enjoy your future ride. As a fellow height-challenged rider, I'm jealous of your fantastic lowered seat/suspension. I'd love to know how you got a custom seat with the rider sensor installed.
Corbin used to offer custom seats for the 250/400. There's a flap on the top that's velcro'd shut that you put the sensor it. The only problem is you have to drill a hole in the seat to keep the wire from having to be run outside and back under.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0172s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0059s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]