@sadragna avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS SUPER 300

Hooked
@sadragna avatar
GTS SUPER 300
UTC quote
Good day everyone. Yes I did a search for tire pressure sensor and most post are dated back to 10+ years ago. Anyone has any updates on what they are using to monitor their tire pressure.
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped

Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
UTC quote
An old school tire pressure gauge…lol.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Mopedlar wrote:
And the set for when you have a Vespa in every color! Razz emoticon
OP
@sadragna avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS SUPER 300

Hooked
@sadragna avatar
GTS SUPER 300
UTC quote
Mopedlar wrote:
Yep currently using that. Any thing else out there that doesn't require me for bending down.
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
I have one of those. A pleasure to use.
Longacre digital air gauge
Longacre digital air gauge
OP
@sadragna avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS SUPER 300

Hooked
@sadragna avatar
GTS SUPER 300
UTC quote
giallo wrote:
I have one of those. A pleasure to use.
I'm trying to find something that can connect to your phone so you don't need to bend down.
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
Sadragna wrote:
I'm trying to find something that can connect to your phone so you don't need to bend down.
You still would have to bend down to release or add air to the tire, no?
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
Sadragna wrote:
TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie

Addicted
@billrush avatar
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
UTC quote
I used FOBO bike 2 pressure monitoring system. $94 on Amazon. Great reviews. Worked perfectly. Used an IPhone App. Highly recommend.

Later, on a whim i bought another system on Aliexpress. Same type screw on pressure monitors but you read the pressure on a 2" screen. I can see it while riding. Better than the app. I believe.Cost was about $35.

I could look up the details and link if any interest.
It is now pictured below. Mount's on bar of my Sei Giorni but could mount elsewhere I'm sure other bikes.
Aliexpress $35 tire pressure monitor.
Aliexpress $35 tire pressure monitor.
⚠️ Last edited by Billrush on UTC; edited 2 times
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
Billrush wrote:
I used FOBO bike 2 pressure monitoring system. $94 on Amazon. Great reviews. Worked perfectly. Used an IPhone App. Highly recommend.

Later, on a whim i bought another system on Aliexpress. Same type screw on pressure monitors but you read the pressure on a 2" screen. I can see it while riding. Better than the app. I believe.Cost was about $35.

if I didn't already use an app with my supertech than I'd also use a type like your aliexpress that mounts to the dash. but since I am with the supertech I prefer to have it integrated with the reset of my trip recordings etc.
OP
@sadragna avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS SUPER 300

Hooked
@sadragna avatar
GTS SUPER 300
UTC quote
giallo wrote:
You still would have to bend down to release or add air to the tire, no?
No they sell valve caps that measure tire pressure that transmit to your phone or other devices.
OP
@sadragna avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS SUPER 300

Hooked
@sadragna avatar
GTS SUPER 300
UTC quote
Billrush wrote:

It is now pictured below. Mount's on bar of my Sei Giorni but could mount elsewhere I'm sure other bikes.
Does aliexpress connect to your phone too
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
Sadragna wrote:
No they sell valve caps that measure tire pressure that transmit to your phone or other devices.
What I mean: once you know the pressure, you still would have to bend down to add/release air from the tire. Unless you put the bike on the lift for that. 😀
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
Sadragna wrote:
Does aliexpress connect to your phone too
depends which ...

you can get tpms that only do phone and tpms that only do dashboard module. never seen any that do both.

same applies to brand names tpms and amazon cheapies etc.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
extra info:

tpms doesn't send it's info every sec to the phone/dashboard. that would kill the battery in the sensor

testing tpms systems that I have (both internal and screw on) it may only send every 15mins or so *OR* if there is a change in pressure/temp it will send which can be ever 2-3mins while riding.

so depending on the tpms system you buy, you can't stand next to your bike and pull out your phone and expect to see the *current* pressure. instead you see the most recent. but if you go for a short ride then the temp will change and your dash will update and your phone will also update but only if your have the app running (non of the apps I tested ran 24hours a day in the background).
⚠️ Last edited by SteelBytes on UTC; edited 6 times
UTC

300 GTS Touring

300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
Sadragna wrote:
Good day everyone. Yes I did a search for tire pressure sensor and most post are dated back to 10+ years ago. Anyone has any updates on what they are using to monitor their tire pressure.
I use a bicycle track pump/stirrup pump which has a pressure dial on it. They're very cheap from outdoor stores
@rob_g avatar
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS250, 2009 S150, 2017 GTS300Super, 2006 GT200

Hooked
@rob_g avatar
2008 GTS250, 2009 S150, 2017 GTS300Super, 2006 GT200
UTC quote
Billrush wrote:

Super cool! I'm interested.
UTC

UTC quote
SteelBytes wrote:
extra info:

tpms doesn't send it's info every sec to the phone/dashboard.

testing tpms (both internal and screw on) it will only send every 15mins *or* if there is a change in pressure/temp. this is for battery saving with in the tpms unit itself.

so you can't stand next to your bike and pull out your phone and expect to see the *current* pressure. instead you see the most recent. but if you go for a short ride then the temp will change and your dash will update and your phone will also update but only if your have the app running (non of the apps I tested ran 24hours a day in the background).
While my Fobo TPMS sensors don't update every second, it's definitely not every 15 mins. Not sure about the generic BLE TPMS systems out there.

Before I ride my Multistrada, I pull out my phone while the bike is warming up, open the Fobo app, wait a few seconds and the app updates with the current tire pressures. It's pretty accurate too as I've verified with two tire pressure gauges. If it falls under the range I set in the app, I inflate it to the correct PSI, check with my tire pressure gauge and replace the cap sensor and check the pressure in the Fobo app again just to make sure.

The Fobo app will also alert me if the pressures drop under the lowest value I set. It's done it several times when I let my previous bikes sit for months.

I plan to get metal t-valves for my new GTS (if they fit the wheels) for another Fobo set of sensors.
UTC

Addicted
SilverWing 600-- 4nprevious Vespa

Addicted
SilverWing 600-- 4nprevious Vespa
UTC quote
Pencil gauge----and "feel" of flat or low pressure when riding---have no feeling of what is going on with tires, you probably should not be on 2 wheels.
@tszarathusra avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa C38 - S50 4T Super.

Hooked
@tszarathusra avatar
Vespa C38 - S50 4T Super.
UTC quote
Currently using my third motorcycle TPMS system. They are total amazeballs.

See your pressure and tire temperature at a glance when leaving the house/parking/work. Monitor how the pressure and temperature rise when riding. If I get a low or high pressure it will blink the display and sound alarm. The sending units turn off when the tires are not rotating. The display unit turns off when bike is not moving (took me a while to see that, I originally thought it was always on). When I've moved the bike from the parking space the display has updated. When on the move I get update every few seconds.
I've never had a leak caused by the sending units.

The display unit in my last unit is connected to the battery of the bike, so I never need to charge it. The others were only about once a month, but still. As a bonus it tells me the bikes battery voltage. The batteries in the screw-on-sending-units last for at least 3 years. I change the batteries when I change the tires. Next time I get bike with tubeless tires I'll install valves with built in sensor in the wheels.
The screw on sensors did upset the balance a little, but 5 gram glue-on-wheel-weight, on the opposite side on the wheel, took care of that.

Now you can get cheap Bluetooth screw on sensors that you can connect to an app on your phone.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
brg810 wrote:
While my Fobo TPMS sensors don't update every second, it's definitely not every 15 mins. Not sure about the generic BLE TPMS systems out there.
I just did a quick dig through the inside of the the fobo app and it's way different to the generic ones (that are often rebranded with big names). fobo supports sending commands from the app to the sensor which are probably a "please tell me now" command instead of having to wait for a periodic update.

this makes the device more complex and expensive and battery hungry than a simple generic one that broadcasts without supporting receiving commands.

tl;dr you get what you pay for
@larrymk avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300

Molto Verboso
@larrymk avatar
Vespa Super 300
UTC quote
I have a pencil type gauge in all of my vehicles and a Riobi tire inflator if I need it, all together I am good
UTC

UTC quote
SteelBytes wrote:
I just did a quick dig through the inside of the the fobo app and it's way different to the generic ones (that are often rebranded with big names). fobo supports sending commands from the app to the sensor which are probably a "please tell me now" command instead of having to wait for a periodic update.

this makes the device more complex and expensive and battery hungry than a simple generic one that broadcasts without supporting receiving commands.

tl;dr you get what you pay for
My batteries have lasted close to 2 years before needing to be replaced.
OP
@sadragna avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS SUPER 300

Hooked
@sadragna avatar
GTS SUPER 300
UTC quote
brg810 wrote:
What are you using?
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
brg810 wrote:
mine are currently 2 years old and the level current reads 70% so plenty of life in these cheap generics.

mind you 2 years is plenty fine
@larrymk avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300

Molto Verboso
@larrymk avatar
Vespa Super 300
UTC quote
Sorry is this tires or batteries?
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
UTC quote
LarryMK wrote:
I have a pencil type gauge in all of my vehicles and a Riobi tire inflator if I need it, all together I am good
I carry the same stuff in my scoots. I love my Ryobi inflator.
UTC

Vespa GTS SS

Vespa GTS SS
UTC quote
This don't prevent bending down but I have used it for a few days now, think it is great and proven it to be accurate, set it, let it run and it kicks off when done. Easy to use and adding 5 psi takes 10-12 seconds on a rear Vespa GTS tire.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@larrymk avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300

Molto Verboso
@larrymk avatar
Vespa Super 300
UTC quote
So I have several Ryobi tools and while the tools are not expensive the batteries can be. But as many of the tools use the same batteries if you have some of them getting extra tools that use the same battery like the tire inflator can be quite cheap
@happy_wanderer avatar
UTC

Hooked
LML 125 4t & LML 200 4t

Hooked
@happy_wanderer avatar
LML 125 4t & LML 200 4t
UTC quote
A pencil gauge and a track pump...maybe five minutes of my time. If I was unfit to bend down to the ground, I should not be in charge of a vehicle.
@thebrentbeatty avatar
UTC

Hooked
2023 GTS 300 Supertech

Hooked
@thebrentbeatty avatar
2023 GTS 300 Supertech
UTC quote
RIDETOEAT wrote:
This don't prevent bending down but I have used it for a few days now, think it is great and proven it to be accurate, set it, let it run and it kicks off when done. Easy to use and adding 5 psi takes 10-12 seconds on a rear Vespa GTS tire.
Is this from Vespa Motorsport?
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
We use FOBOs on our motorcycles, and the batteries have lasted years before needing replacement. Otherwise, we use pencil style and digital gages.
UTC

Hooked
Gts super 300 '12

Hooked
Gts super 300 '12
UTC quote
RIDETOEAT wrote:
I just picked one of those up for mine.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
@isilentp avatar
UTC

2020 Vespa GTS SuperTech 300 HPE

@isilentp avatar
2020 Vespa GTS SuperTech 300 HPE
UTC quote
I am using Fobo. I've had mine for 3 years. Work really well. Spoke with local Vespa dealer and due to their very light weight, he had nothing bad to say about them from a safety perspective. What's cool about it you can set thresholds for low and high and if the pressure passes any of those, your phone will notify you with annoying noises. Great safety feature for me. https://www.amazon.com/FOBO-Pressure-Monitoring-Systems-Black/dp/B07Q21RNNB/ref=sr_1_4?hvadid=580743307889&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9015249&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=14875432934026981145&hvtargid=kwd-626446230198&hydadcr=7464_13212143&keywords=fobo+bike+2&qid=1689717598&sr=8-4&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685 is the product listing on Amazon.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0242s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0068s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]