OP
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3 500

Enthusiast
MP3 500
UTC quote
Found a good deal on a 2022 MP3 500 and now need to figure out how to reinstall my GIVI 58L Outback top case.

The GIVI website is super confusing, and from what I can tell, I'll need a GIVI5613 plate, then add another Monokey top plate on top of that. Has anyone else did a similar top plate install and is this "top plate on a top plate" installation the only way to go? Sounds needlessly complicated..

Looking forward to rejoining the MP3 family after a 3 year hiatus!
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
Update June 4th, 2023
I've since swapped out the plastic M5 MonoKey for the metal M8B MonoKey. Sbaert's caution about the plastic breaking was the reason. I tend to ride my Mp3 as a touring bike and frequently end up on rough roads that would likely cause the plastic M5 to break. Swapping to the metal M8B mount will be a safter and lower risk mount that wont break on rough roads.

It looks very similar to the setup I have on my 2016 Mp3 500ie Sport.

The "GIVI 58L" looks like a "Monokey" mounting type so stay within that family of brackets and mounts and it should work

If your top case has LEDs like mine did, there is a thread about how to wire the LEDs of the top-case into the Mp3 here. Stop led

The SR5613 is really just a metal plate. What makes it special is it comes with bolts and spacers that bridge the gap between the Mp3 passenger grip system and the Givi SR5613 plate. The default nuts that came with the kit didn't fit my Mp3 properly, fortunately a trip to the hardware store for some M10 (M11?) metric threaded lock-nuts solved that issue. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KXWY78Y/

The holes in the SR5613 base plate line up with the Givi M5 MonoKey base plate which is the light weight plastic version of the "GIVI M8A Monkey Plate". You should probably get the M8A or M9A (B for black version) to better support the heavy GIVI 58L, the plastic one might just break off.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-monolock-monokey-top-case-plates

So SR5613 base plate attaches to the scooters luggage bracket which in turn allows you to attach MonoKey or MonoLock mounting plates.

Also. The SR5613 installation instructions require you to drill holes in the plastic weather guard that covers the otherwise open luggage bracket holes. I opted not to drill these holes and instead just put the plastic cover in storage and left the space open.
This shows the SR5613 mounting plate with the plastic M5 mounting bracket the topbox attaches onto.  Note the exposed spacers in the SR5613 kit and after market M10 (M11) threaded lock-nuts.
This shows the SR5613 mounting plate with the plastic M5 mounting bracket the topbox attaches onto. Note the exposed spacers in the SR5613 kit and after market M10 (M11) threaded lock-nuts.
Looking through the cut out in the plastic M5 bracket showing the SR5613 mounting plate below.  Your topbox is very heavy so you might spring for the metal M8A or M9A versions (B is black version)
Looking through the cut out in the plastic M5 bracket showing the SR5613 mounting plate below. Your topbox is very heavy so you might spring for the metal M8A or M9A versions (B is black version)
⚠️ Last edited by pinheadh78 on UTC; edited 2 times
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
UTC quote
Givi offers their cases in 2 variants: Monolock and Monokey

IIRC, monolock is for the small bikes & boxes and the monokey is for the larger bikes & cases/boxes.

As long as the case and the mounting plate are made for the same system it will work.

And being Givi, I'd trust that plastic plate about as much as a three dollar bill. Their stuff is pretty flimsy IMO except for their aluminum adventure boxes.

Piaggio uses SHAD as their supplier.

Think about it, a Italian manufacturer using a Spanish supplier (SHAD) instead of a local Italian (GIVI) one. Hmmmm, I wonder why?

Here is a pic of a SHAD plate for the MP3
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0130s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0044s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]