OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio Liberty 150

Lurker
Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for options on a large windscreen wide enough to cover the grips.
I see Scooterwest sells one for $300, but I was hoping there might be a cheaper option. Shipping on that one would cost $60.
I currently have the Piaggio Flyscreen that others have warned about with driving at night. It really is problematic with the glare hitting you.
I also drive my scooter in colder weather so I would prefer a windscreen that could provide a bit of a barrier for my hands. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Check ebay!

Faco for $105.00 with free shipping, tall and covers your hands too!
Faco makes a lot of pretty good stuff for Italian scooters.

O.S.

PS:one good thing about the pricey Piaggio flyscreen glare - is that it lights up my hi-viz yellow chest at night!
OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio Liberty 150

Lurker
Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
Thank you Oldschooot. I'll check eBay.

I agree, if the light didn't hit me right in the eyes at night I wouldn't mind the additional illumination.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
We have the Malossi screen, which is the same as Faco, but tinted. It's $100
We also have the European turn signals, that eliminate the pods under the handlebars, so you can make the windshield fit.

https://scooterpartsco.com/liberty-150-iget-c-108_3549/malossi-windscreen-for-piaggio-liberty-iget-p-16667.html

https://scooterpartsco.com/liberty-150-iget-c-108_3549/front-turn-signals-for-piaggio-liberty-european-model-p-37697.html
@lottolearn avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Liberty 150

Hooked
@lottolearn avatar
2019 Liberty 150
UTC quote
Shield or not the Euro turn signals look much better than the pods.
Your Liberty will most likely have the amber bulb and socket already in the shield light. You just need to wire them to the pod light wiring. No need to add extra length wire or separate the neck tie trim pieces (remove the Piaggio badge and the screw under there and push up, the neck tie comes off as an assembly, there are also fuses behind there).
OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio Liberty 150

Lurker
Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
Thank you Motovista for the recommendations and Lottolearn for the information. I'm not knowledgeable about such things so I appreciate the info.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Lottolearn wrote:
Shield or not the Euro turn signals look much better than the pods.
Your Liberty will most likely have the amber bulb and socket already in the shield light. You just need to wire them to the pod light wiring. No need to add extra length wire or separate the neck tie trim pieces (remove the Piaggio badge and the screw under there and push up, the neck tie comes off as an assembly, there are also fuses behind there).
It's a bit more involved than that to light the Euro turn signal. Robot has a youtube video for instructions.
Unlike a lot of American cars - activating the Euro turn-light does not shut off the white LED DRL in the same housing.
So - you have a yellow light blinking behind the white LED DRL.
??
For safety - I prefer the turn signal pods - though many Vespa owners seem to really hate them....and the side reflectors!

O.S.
@lottolearn avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Liberty 150

Hooked
@lottolearn avatar
2019 Liberty 150
UTC quote
OldSchooot wrote:
It's a bit more involved than that to light the Euro turn signal. Robot has a youtube video for instructions.
Unlike a lot of American cars - activating the Euro turn-light does not shut off the white LED DRL in the same housing.
So - you have a yellow light blinking behind the white LED DRL.
??
For safety - I prefer the turn signal pods - though many Vespa owners seem to really hate them....and the side reflectors!

O.S.
Actually it's not more involved and easier than what Robot shows, I did the mod.
You don't have to separate the front shield from anything, you only have to remove the headlight cover assembly and the pods.
You reach up near the fender and remove the turn signal sockets.
If you remove the tape from the headlight harness ,which also holds the turn signal wiring, it frees up enough wire length to drop down into the shield area, you absolutely do not have to add wiring.

No issue with the DRL's and the turn signals on, easy to see and distinguish.
As far as safety, this is a Euro mod and standard there so safety concern?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0125s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0042s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]